Menu
keasy
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Destiny PS4: 2 Players Behind Same IP

I'm wondering if anyone can help me get online on Destiny (PS4) at the same time as my son in the same party.

We always get the target not found/lost/generic type message and so can not join each other.

My SH is in modem mode and hooked up to an Asus RT-AC68u. Both PS4's have been assigned an internal manual IP addressed to the specific console's MAC.  One has had all relevant ports forwarded. Console names have been changed within consoles' settings on both etc. 

Apart from  IPv6 or buying a business twin IP account I can find no solution.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Destiny PS4: 2 Players Behind Same IP

Delete the port forwarding and test.

SHOULD work- if not might be time to flash with DD-WRT

0 Kudos
keasy
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tried long before I forwarded the ports.

Any idea why DD-WRT would resolve it over the ASUS custom WRT?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thinking about it more, you should be complaining of other issues- one having a moderate or strict NAT type if its down to LAN to WAN Natting.

Have they both got open NAT?

Can you both join a game with no issues on another title/platform?

0 Kudos
joeron
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

i had this problem some year's ago after looking on playstation forum i come across a post with info on how to temporary fix it this was for gta5 but it worked for me with destiny aswell.

See link to post that helped me out:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/MULTIPLE-PLAYSTATION-4-s-ONE-NETW...

1. turn off UPnP and then turn it back on. This will clear the UPnP table. Then reboot the router with both playstations off.
2. Put fixed IP on both consoles
3. Port forward 9306 on one of the console
4. Port forward 9308 on the other console
5. Then go ahead and turn them on and connect, making sure they are both forwarded to the right IP
This will stop the auto port forwarding that both PS4's attempt to do with UPnP. Forcing them to use the one you specify, this will give them both a perferred connection and they will stop attempting to connect to the others and disconnect each other

0 Kudos