Menu
Sapphidia
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

DCs/Lag in Final Fantasy XIV since yesterday

Thought I'd put a forum post here as this seems to be a common thing now.

I've had perfect lag-free gaming in Final Fantasy XIV ever since I started playing (over a year now) and since yesterday evening I've been experiencing random infrequent disconnects, burst lag, laggy menus and such. It seems worse since this morning but definitely started last night. It's worth noting that my ping to other services and general internet/web connectivity is perfect, this issue only seems to affect Final Fantasy XIV.

Two other friends of mine who are also in the UK and on Virgin report exactly the same thing since this morning, though they live in totally different areas of the UK to me so it's not related to local exchanges.

Any update on what might be causing this? Routing issue (i believe all FFXIV servers are in canada?) or is this related to the general MMO problem on the forums to do with superhub traffic?

EDIT - link to the post on Reddit with some other customers of Virgin noting that the issues only started this morning (there was a server maintenance that finished around 10:30 UK time so people didnt get to play before then)   https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3fqi87/burst_lagdelay_since_maintenance_ukvirgin/

Sno
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: DCs/Lag in Final Fantasy XIV since yesterday

Just dropping in to say that I am having the same issues.
0 Kudos
Kruxxor
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am also having the same problem, it seems to be affecting all Virgin users regarding a firmware update.

0 Kudos
JC36
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I created an account just to mention this.

I have played FFXIV for many years (Even back to April 2010 when Alpha was released) I have not encountered any problems that weren't either Square Enix's or my side until today.

Leading up to today I have been encountering Disconnections far more frequently, but after today it seems that the game is almost unplayable due to the issue above.

It seems the issue is not directly with the game but the connection to the servers in Montreal as I can confirm trying to do a Speedtest to a server based in Montreal starts fine but then drops the link and then crawls along never to finish the download test.

0 Kudos
Kruxxor
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yup, the game is completely unplayable, I tried to run Dusk Vigil, however I was lagging like crazy and got disconnected when the last boss was on 3% health.

I'm just doing FATEs now, probably end up spending the rest of the day at the Chocobo races.

The support team on the forums here appear to just be trying to buy some time until the problem is resolved, which likely is low on the priority list and I doubt there is any ETA.

I think it might be time to look for a new ISP

0 Kudos
Lucem
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here, everyones teleporting and rubber banding, the lag makes the game completely unplayable. Can you please sort it out, have spoken to several people in my social groups on the game and it's only Virgin Media customers being affected, everyone else is fine.

This isn't the first time this issue has happened, I'll be seriously considering switching ISP's if this is becoming a normal thing on VM internet.

0 Kudos
JC36
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would like to update my situation, it seems to have fixed. No more dropping out from the game and just completed Alexander Normal 3 smoothly with no rubberbanding or any latency whatsoever.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: DCs/Lag in FFXIV since yesterday

Hi Sapphidia,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums, though the recent gaming lag issues are obviously frustrating.

I've been running a few checks on your service and can see that your using one of your older standard hubs and also due for a free speed upgrade, an upgrade to both your speed and the newer SuperHub should help with any lag or latency problems.

Please give our customer service team a quick call on 150 from a Virgin line or on 0345 454 1111 to arrange your free upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: DCs/Lag in FFXIV since yesterday

Hi JC36,

Welcome to the community also, thanks for the update, good to hear that the lag problems appear to have recovered, though not sure what the problem could have been to be honest.

If anyone else is still having any problems please let us know so we can run individual follow up checks on the connection.

Many Thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos