Menu
Steed
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Crazy rubberbanding, can't play anything more intesive than Hearthstone

Yet again, Virgin internet has gone to pot.

For the past few weeks (probably longer) I cannot play any online game more intensive than Hearthstone. Any FPS game suffers insane rubberbanding, even if the ping claims to be stable. Saying that, usually my ping fluctuates between 60-200.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1488932115312583055.png

http://www.pingtest.net/result/159827895.png

Virgin is supposed to be 'broadband for gamers' or some twaddle, but the service is unusable. How can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crazy rubberbanding, can't play anything more intesive than Hearthstone

Do you have a BQM if not might be worth setting one up to get a better view of your latency ?

also is this with a wired or wireless connection ?

0 Kudos
iamgingerbear
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've been getting it too, been having problems in rocket league for a while where if the router was on for more than a couple days I'd have to restart it but now I'm getting it in multiple games where I'll de-sync but be able to move normally and then it'll all re-sync and it doesn't end well for me. It happens far too regularly. In RL and Paladins, I'm getting 2-4 desyncs in a match which has completely ruined my competitive rankings in both, I've given up playing starcraft till there is some fix in sight.

It's a shame, VM is the best for speed in my area but if it's not consistent it's not useable. up till the last month or so I've been happy with the service but now I'm going to have to consider moving to a different provider.

and no, it's not my rig, I've checked that and it's also a beast.

0 Kudos
Steed
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

From googling, I believe a BQM is a Broadband Quality Monitor? I do not have one of these, but can safely report the service is garbage! I've just set one up in the office on ThinkBroadband and will do another at home and compare, may be a stick withwith to beat Virgin.

Wired connection, always.

0 Kudos