Menu
DanFojji
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Continuous Disconnects from League of Legends Client + Netflix connection issues

Started happening around 3-5 days ago

Can no longer play League of Legends due to disconnects whilst being in the CLIENT (out of game menu) - Sometimes I manage to get in games (after almost getting banned due to missing many queues thanks to the constant PvP.net client disconnects) - In games it seems OK.

Netflix also stopped working a couple days ago but this issue arose after the League of Legends issue, so may not be related.

Can anyone please run some checks on my net? It should be fine... Had an engineer here a couple weeks ago who sorted out dodgy leads and what not, but now I am unable to play this game AT ALL.

I'm at a complete loss, any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continuous Disconnects from League of Legends Client + Netflix connection issues

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

0 Kudos
DanFojji
Joining in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Continuous Disconnects from League of Legends Client + Netflix connection issues

0 Kudos
DanFojji
Joining in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/League-of-Legends-client-amp-latency-issues/td-p/2837390

This guy has a similar problem, very frustrating

Still no connection at all to Netflix on the Smart TV too

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

He does and remarkably for on here and indeed a LOL thread, you've actually taken time to match up your and his symptoms. Instead of just grunting "VM BAD"

Your connection needs looked at from staffs level with proper diagnostics. Power levels are okayish but the network error log shows there is something else going on. Check both ends of your lead to Superhub, and to TiVo if you have. Threaded right, hand tight as a rule of thumb. 

Staff will take up to 48 hrs to pick it up. You COULD try level one support in the meantime on 150 but being honest I would wait for staff as level one probably miss the issues on your connection. Your Netflix issue is related, the connection is not actually dropping (as far as we can see so far) but connectivity at the point LOL craps out is so impaired is may as well be.

Can you chuck up a BQM ?

HERE

Run it for say 24 hrs, and post the result.

Dont forget youll need to make sure your super hub is configured to reply to ICMP echo requests...

More for tracking the issue rather than diagnostics.

0 Kudos
DanFojji
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have set this up to run now.

Thanks for the replies.

Still unable to connect to Netflix completely and constantly DC'd from League of Legends client.

I would call the level 1/level 2 support but have had horrible experiences with this in the past, I hope someone from the VM team can help me asap.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanFojji,

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with Netflix and LoL. It is strange that this is dropping out in the client but not in-game so much. 

I've run checks on your connection and the downstream power levels are a little high but still within tolerance. The local network looks healthy too. Before we test any further could you try the hub in modem mode and a PC in safe mode with networking?

This will bypass the hubs router functions, other devices on the network and any background software on the PC. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DanFojji
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have to connect wirelessly through the TV to NetFlix, so wouldn't enabling modem mode prevent me from doing that all together? I am more interested in the NetFlix thing although the LoL DCing is frustrating, we cannot use NetFlix at all

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanFojji,

No problem, let's concentrate on getting Netflix working first then we'll move on to LoL Smiley Happy

I assume this is a smart TV if it's connecting to wireless. Does it have any other apps that use the internet such as YouTube or BBC iPlayer? If so do these work when Netflix does not? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DanFojji
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Yep, it's a recently bought Samsung Smart TV

YouTube works just fine on it, there is no issue on the connection from the TV to the wireless

Many thanks for the reply! Hope we can dig into this, It really sucks we can't use that service at the moment

0 Kudos