Menu
Haowyn
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Constantly high ping

I have been having a lot of issues with my internet, Mainly Ping and disconnecting while gaming. This has been happening for a while and I'm lost to be honest, I have no idea what's causing these issues So I thought I'd come here to seek help.

Mainly these issue happen in the evening and at night, I play a lot of online games such as League of Legends, Counter strike etc in my spare time and It's infuriating when I'm experiencing constant disconnects and high latency (Anything from 100 to 3-4 thousand). I have tried contacting customer support before and all I was told is that there are no issues with my connection and the area seems to be fine... 

Generally it's fine unless someone in the house is using Wifi which makes me think it could be the router not being able to handle the stress or something but I don't really know about this stuff and how much a router actaully affect your connection. We have a Netgear WGR614 v9 Wireless router, we've had that thing since we first joined Virgin media. This is getting to the point where I've thought about changing ISP now. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constantly high ping

Hi Haowyn

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are having when playing online. Are you connected wired or wireless? I can see when checking your connection that there is currently a fault ticket raised for peak time contention that will cause slow speeds around these times. Outside of peak times looks ok and shouldn't affect your connection. We have a review date scheduled for 30/03/2016 so if you are able to bump the thread closer to this date we can check for any updates on this fault. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I would also suggest giving our customer services team a call on 150 from any Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 to see if there are any options available to you to upgrade the modem. 

If you do call in let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Haowyn
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constantly high ping

Thank you for the reply, I am using a wired connection and the problem is mainly during peak times for me but it's more often for friends etc that are using wireless connection. I will give customer services a ring tomorrow and ask about possible upgrades, Thanks again for the reply.
0 Kudos