Menu
gromit6909
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant ping spikes in my games

Receiving constant ping spikes in a lot of my games online. Tried everything i possibly can and i'm a little fed up.

I get these spikes through out the entire day, most notable in League of Legends

0 Kudos
bmills74
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant ping spikes in my games

yes same here, been doing it since last week and service status says there is a problem that will be fixed in the next 10 minutes, but it never is!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi gromit6909,

Thanks for posting, though the constant ping and lag spikes in game are disappointing news, hopefully we can help.

I've run a few checks on your service and both your Hub and local network segment are reporting back in good shape from this end so the latency is something of a mystery.

How are you connecting wired or wireless?

I wonder if for diagnostic purposes it is worth trying modem mode to see if that makes a difference?

Let us know how you get on.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
gromit6909
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wired on an old super hub I've ordered the free 100mb upgrade that includes the new hub, I'll give that a try.

My specs are as follows

Windows 10 x64

i5-6600k

16gb memory

250gb ssd

asus rampage viii ranger motherboard

Asus gtx 970

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi gromit6909,

Thanks for the update, good spec, let us know how things are once you have the new Hub and running hopefully this will help, I can then follow up with a few checks from this end too just to make sure all is okay.

Speak soon.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos