Menu
carrotcake
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant ping spikes - all games affected (area 22)

Hi all,

I've been with VM for a few years but have recently moved area. Since doing so, I've experienced ping spikes every couple of minutes with my games, where things will stop responding. Dota, LoL and HotS are the biggest culprits, but I'm noticing even with background applications like Teamspeak that everything goes quiet regularly for a few seconds and then continues like nothing had happened. This is running constantly, not just at peak times

The Dota client's own network stats says I'm at 0% packet loss, 30ms ping, but every couple of minutes this jumps to 200+ before settling down again.

The only thing that might be worth mentioning is that our router is a few years old - about 6 I reckon, but I've reset it to factory settings a couple of times and had no such luck sorting it.

Here's how my connection is looking:

823f294ff752a53060beb72aa01e05c8-24-11-2015

And my down and upstream stats:

down and upstream stats.png

Any answers would be greatly appreciated - meant to be hosting a LAN next week, so need things to be working!

0 Kudos
carrotcake
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant ping spikes - all games affected (area 22)

Hi - here's an updated log now I'm back at home, which shows the extent of the problem!

823f294ff752a53060beb72aa01e05c8-24-11-2015

0 Kudos
hwotk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

this looks like what i'm experiencing high lag /packet loss esp between 5-6 pm untill 11 pm ;/ Help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi carrotcake

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the ping spikes that you have been experiencing since you moved to a different area. I've had a check on your connection and I can see that there is currently a fault ticket raised for peak time contention. The reference for this fault is F003972768 with a review date estimated for 16/12/2015. Apologies for any inconvenience while we work to resolve this problem. If you are able to bump the thread a little closer to this review date we can check for further information.

Kind regards 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
MadiraNofo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Same problems for me in the last few days, different area to you though

0 Kudos