Menu
Monobody
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Constant lag spikes on QuakeLive/ UNPLAYABLE

Hey there,

For the last 2 weeks I have been experiencing constant lag spikes while playing QuakeLive.

The ping reports are good (~20-30ms) but 50% of the time I get 500-700ms lags, making it completely unplayable.

Is there any update taking place in the West Kensington (London) area at the moment?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant lag spikes on QuakeLive/ UNPLAYABLE

Hello Monobody

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having a few problems with lag. The actual connection looks good however we have an area issue with intermittent noise on the upstreams, this may cause you a few lost packets or lag at times. Our engineers are aware ref F004479755 and we are doing our best to fix. The estimated fix is 13/06/2016. Please ask us for an update any time.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
Monobody
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

thanks for your reply.

I'm having another problem still. After recent failure and switching to your newest hub I am constantly having very short connection loses. It happens every 30 seconds for 1-2 seconds and after that the connection resumes. This is very irritating in most online games where constant connection is a must. What can I or you do to fix it?

Thanks,

Mono

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monobody, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems there are a few things going on. 

Firstly it seems you are affected by fault ref F004880139 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date for this is 19/07/2017. I do not have a lot of information on this fault currently. Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you. 

Secondly it seems there is a new fault raised for SNR and FECS ref F005182638. I do not yet have a review date for this as it was only raised this morning but i will keep an eye on this fault and let you know as soon as I know more. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Monobody, 

Just a quick update fault ref F005182638 for SNR and FECS has now been updated on to a master fault ticket ref F005175680. 

There is also currently a change ticket going through in your area ref C00798581 so you may find your services a little intermittent today. 

I will keep an eye on these two issues and let you know once I know more. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Monobody
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Emma,

I would appreciate an update on this issue and an estimated fix date.

I am still experiencing regular short (~2 sec) disconnections every 30-60 seconds.

Best,

Grzegorz

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Monobody wrote:

Thank you Emma,

I would appreciate an update on this issue and an estimated fix date.

I am still experiencing regular short (~2 sec) disconnections every 30-60 seconds.

Best,

Grzegorz

HUB3 does that. Go back to your previous one.

Monobody
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kippies,

I will have a look and compare since I have not returned the HUB2 yet.

-Mono

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

SH2SH3.png

Yellow is maximum latency. Top is HUB3, bottom is SH2AC- Same line. HUB3 has a firmware issue that is as yet unresolved- Im sure it will be some time going forward but ATM if your gaming and want lower latency, HUB3 is worse.