Menu
oNate76o
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Constant issue gaming

Hi. Play a lot of online games. 

Been having issues for a while. Very intermittent. Tonight unplayable though so at the end of my tether. No known issues in my area (never is) 

Speeds in general are slow and never seem higher than

30mg at any time of the day. I get constant disconnects and drop outs online. Lots of lag and poor connections when actually connected leading to people accusing me of lag switching etc.

Can't face the generic script phone support gives out. Wondering if the hardware just needs replacing. Gotta be 5 years or more old now. 

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
oNate76o
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant issue gaming

Speed test last night. 14mg download. 0.04mg upload. 

Was better again this morning. Tried gaming. Connected fine. Kept getting removed from party chat etc. Then it played fine for an hour before returning to a red bar lagging connection for a while. 

It's now fine again. The inconsi is the most annoying thing.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant issue gaming

Hi oNate76o,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

My apologies that you are having issues with your broadband connection.

I've taken a look at your account, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable, which is good.

With the speed tests and gaming, are these through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please.

Can you create a Broadband Quality Monitor please as this will check the performance of your connection? If you do set up the BQM make sure that you go into your router settings > Advanced Settings > Ping > and tick Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos