Menu
Mytraa
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Constant high ping and low download speeds

Hi,

I have had Virgin Media 50mb broadband package for a week now, but every day from about 4pm I am unable to play games due to constant high ping (around 200ms) and download speeds that never go above 10mb/s on Speedtest.net. For a couple of days I had good ping with a few intermittent lag spikes up to about 2000ms, but for the last 3-4 days I have had a constant ping of 200ms.

I am mainly trying to play League of Legends but I also get the same high ping in CS:GO. Is it a contention issue in the area, or would upgrading my broadband package make a difference?

Thanks,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant high ping and low download speeds

Hi Myrtaa,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. The timing would certainly suggest a peak time contention issue but there is no fault open for it.

I've checked your connection and the contention levels do spike at peak times which will contribute to the issue (though they haven't breached thresholds to raise yet)

The main issue is that your downstream power levels are too high. We'll need to get a technician out to adjust this and I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time.

Check the red envelope in the top left of the forum to see your messages.

Cheers

John

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
bazjoe
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant high ping and low download speeds

Hi,

I have had the same problems for the last 3-4 days after previously no problems, cannot game at all.

0 Kudos