Menu
AndyGard
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Constant disconnects while playing destiny (Xbox One)

Have two Xbox ones using power plugs but keep getting booted from the game. Everything else works fine playing games online on a laptop for example but the Xbox ones constantly have issues!!!

Any help would be appreciated!!!
0 Kudos
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant disconnects while playing destiny (Xbox One)

The only thing you can do until the firmware is fixed it's to put your router into modem mode and have it connected wired. It's the only fix known for the superhub 2 at the moment. Alot of people are waiting for a fix. As this happens with elderscrolls online also. You might be lucky enough to ring VM and they will provide you with a superhub 2 (AC) a few people I know managed to get one but had to fight for it unfortunately.
0 Kudos
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Then again some people on here are saying it don't make a difference but works for others. It did work for me tho
0 Kudos
AndyGard
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. So basically have to have no wireless for it to work. Which is fine for he xboxs but no use for laptops. Hope they get it fixed too as it's ridiculous.

Might give them a ring and see what they say. Thanks though!
0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I've found a fix for disconnecting problems.

As long as you have OPEN NAT and have forwarded all necessary ports, follow these steps.

1) Go to your Superhub settings (type 192.168.0.1 in the internet address bar)

2) Click ADVANCED SETTINGS

3) Click WIRELESS RADIO and change the 5ghz wireless to 54mbps.

4) Save settings and connect your XB1 to the 5ghz network.

PS: This may not work for everyone. Let us know below if it does or doesn't.

0 Kudos
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yup i tried that fix your describing but I was one of the unlucky ones and it didn't work for me.
0 Kudos
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

And AndyGard yes unfortunately putting your router into modem mode will fix the issue and benefit the xbox only nothing else will be able to connect. Again I was unlucky I could not do that as my wife and kids use the WiFi so it was unfair on them. I argued with VM over the phone alot. I ended up writing them a letter and sending to complaints. Amazingly I got a call Tuesday and they said they will issue me a superhub AC. The crap I had to go threw with them tho to get it was unreal. Good luck I really hope you get it fixed. It's stressful unfortunately.
0 Kudos
AndyGard
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Will try the wireless settings change tomorrow see if that makes a difference but would mean I've wasted money on power plugs.

Thanks dibbly, with three teenage boys in the house no wireless is not an option really. So will ring and see how I get on.

Annoying considering I pay so much just for the Internet really as if not would go to a competitor if they did the same sort of speeds.
0 Kudos
Dibbly
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It is very annoying yes. There Is a page where you can write a complaint and they will call you. VM are aware of the issue with the SH2 but maybe write on there and they will call you the guy who rang me was actually very decent and got straight to the point and issued me the AC hopefully the same will happen if you do it. There is no estimated time or date when the SH2 will be fixed.
0 Kudos
AndyGard
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks will give that a try
0 Kudos