Menu
ollehh
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Constant disconnects on wired connection

just got vivid 200 for our student house. im currently the only person in the house, connected to the hub via ethernet. speed tests always show 12-20ms ping, 210mb/s download and 10-20mb/s upload which is great, but im constantly being disconnected from games. the delay between disconnects seems fixed at around 30 mins, at which point i get frozen in place, and ping will go up to 1000-2000. however during this period of disconnecting, if i am on skype i am still able to continue talking to anyone im on a call with. as well as gaming issues, and streaming service like twitch or youtube will randomly start buffering videos and require the page to be refreshed to continue watching.

ive attached screenshots of the upstream and downstream tabs under network status, and a screenshot of a program that shows packet loss while gaming / streaming videos (measured by pinging google.co.uk). network log also contains no errors re disconnects.upstreamupstreamdownstreamdownstreampacket losspacket loss

0 Kudos
ollehh
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant disconnects on wired connection

screenshot of PingPlotter taken overnight (didnt use my pc at all during this time)

pingplotterpingplotter

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant disconnects on wired connection

Hi ollehh, 

Thanks for letting us know about your constant disconnects on a wired connection, I can appreciate some annoyance maybe caused by this so apologies for any bother.

I have tested things from here and I noticed that both of your upstream power levels are too low and there's a number of time outs inside the Hubs logs also. An engineer will need to attend and investigate things further for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos