Menu
GregFigaro
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant disconnects from FFXIV in the past few weeks

Hi,

Since I have started playing FFXIV again last month, I am getting disconnected very frequently, sometimes dozens of times in a single evening (until I give up trying).

I have noticed the issue seems to kick in way more frequently in situations where little data is exchanged (crafting as opposed to fighting in instances). I am also noticing that Slack (a chat app) disconnects constantly too, and it's also an application in which small amounts of data are exchanged.

From what I've read, it's very likely to be related to a SuperHub 2 firmware update.

Do we have any sort of ETA on a fixed firmware, or at the very least is there a workaround?

It's pretty much becoming a dealbreaker at this point.

Thanks and best regards,
Greg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant disconnects from FFXIV in the past few weeks

Hi Greg,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums, though sorry to hear of the gaming disconnect problems.

We are investigating a possible issue with the latest SuperHub2 firmware as being a cause of this. Could you please try dropping the SuperHub into modem mode and testing Fifa, as we've had reports that this should resolve the problem ?

Speak to you soon.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
affynity
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's high-time you got this firmware sorted.

Gaming is not some esoteric use of an internet connection, so you shouldn't be requiring people buy additional routers or become masters of port forwarding, or VPN for those unfortunate enough to have more than one gaming device.

What exactly is being done do address this issue? All I'm reading is workaround advice for customers, which is pretty much the point where customer support has failed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi afynity

This is still currently under investigation and at the moment I haven't got an ETA to give you. As soon as we do have some information we will let everyone know asap.

Many thanks for all your patience regarding these issues. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos