Menu
Dharcsu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Constant disconnects after multiple engineers

Hi I have been suffering problems for around 6 months now and its only getting worse. or at its best, not changing. our internet has been disconnecting viciously and is almost unusable all times of the day for anything game related, even watching things online are a chore.

However it is kind of odd as voice comms are still audible during this time but I cannot talk back. I believe this occurs because 1 downstream channel is still within levels.

Engineer visits haven't solved any issues, the cable, the router and the power equaliser are all new and we are still having issues, this is getting boring now and if someone could please list of the possible causes for this it would be much appreciated.

Screenshots.

Upstream

Downstream

This is crazy..

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant disconnects after multiple engineers

Well your Downstream levels are way too low on all channels, out of specification (they should be better than -6 and preferably better than -3).  Your Upstream power levels are too high, probably as a result, although one is just within spec (they should not go above 51dBmV).

The obvious solution would be for an engineer to put your cable on a higher tapping port (more power) in the street cabinet, unless you are already on the highest in which case it could be a defective cable necessitating a new cable pull.  I do find it amazing that successive engineers haven't been able to put that right yet.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Dharcsu
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

One said he put it 'second from the top' in terms of the street cabinet. and it normally sits at 45 upstream and +5 downstream, these are just random spikes that hit and I dont know whats causing it.

Im aware of what its supposed to sit at, i've been dealing with this for a while, This is what it is sitting at currently (no problems within this hour apart from the occasional 1000+ ping spike.

Upstream

Downstream

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Crazy variation in power levels, never seen anything like that before.  Unfortunately as you know intermittent variations like that are the most difficult to diagnose.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Dharcsu
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It was fine for 4-5 rainy days now its back to the way it was, awful and unusable in anything gaming related, fun.
0 Kudos
Dharcsu
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A month later, still having problems, I would like to find the source of the problem before I ask for an engineer so they know what to fix, the last ones just change the 'obvious' things creating false hope.

New discovery, most definitely a downstream problem, downstream stops so the router resets. Downstream 31/03/2017

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dharcsu,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your connection problems. I've just ran a check on your Superhub and I've found an SNR fault currently on-going in your area. The fault ref is: F005215596 and we're hoping to have this resolved on the 11th April.

Are you able to continue to monitor the connection and post back to us on or after the 11th with an update.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos