Menu
descarte8
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Constant disconnecting

Trying to play games online with friends and I keep getting constantly disconnected, firstly every 10-30 minutes but now it can be as short as 5 minutes.

Please can you fix this!!

0 Kudos
descarte8
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant disconnecting

Ok now I get disconnected after around 10 seconds!

0 Kudos
descarte8
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Suffice to say web browsing etc all seems fine. I had an old Superhub original I tried to use instead but I could only connect toVirginmedia.com and no other website
0 Kudos
descarte8
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

60+ minutes on the phone to customer service and technical support teams so far this morning, router and computer has been reset 2 times still same issue.

Asked about changing to the newer AC router, told this would not fix the problem, given no one yet has been able to tell me what the problem is though Im surprised ot hear that.

Asked about the firm ware upgrade and if that's the problem, the service manager said the fireware upgrade issue was actually fixed about 2 months ago, however the problem only started for me about 1-2 weeks ago and continues today.

Last called with tech team (who apparently are not as good as the web tech team I was told) said they may need the port numbers to allow the traffic through interrupted, I offer right away to give him the numbers but he wouldn't do it.
0 Kudos
descarte8
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

3rd call with customer services, explain I can still use the internet if I get disconnected in the game and the router itself does not reset itself I am told that it is a problem with the game and not their connection....
0 Kudos
descarte8
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Final call, after hetstat and ipconfig and tracerts its Telia communication company in Swedens fault (98ms tracert hop), cant do anything about it
0 Kudos
descarte8
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have been playing fine in modem mode for 3 days no disconnects.  So problem definitely IS virgin media. If I change back to normal mode for a day to be able to use the wifi with my phone / friends and try to play again I get disconnects.

So the problem is with the equipment / service you provide, now I have to use it in an inconvenient way.

For others with the same problem, modem mode doesn't mean you have to have a separate router, only if you want to use wifi at the same time, as you can just use Ethernet cable form your VM router to your computer direct.

Thanks for nothing and all your non-existent online support

Another happy customer

0 Kudos