Menu
memis245
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant Lag!

Hello I'm from E4 area, Highams Park.

I'm a big youtuber. And I need to record, edit, render and upload videos and the connection makes it almost impossible. I have virgin media super hub 3 and it gets really really bad and not playable. Can somebody help?

Thx

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Constant Lag!

Hi Memis245,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds and latency,

I've just checked your connection and can see two issues. One is that there is a contention fault in the area under ticket F003898208. This will cause poor speeds and latency at peak times such as evenings and weekends and is due for review 27/04/16.

The other issue is that your downstream power levels are too high which will also cause unpredictable latency, drop outs and fluctuating speeds. We'll have to get a technician out to adjust the power levels and I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time for this.

To view your messages just click the envelope at the top of the page. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
VMguy
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you do 3 http://www.speedtest.net/ tests while wired and post the results please.

Also can you do a http://www.pingtest.net/ test while wired and post the results.

0 Kudos
memis245
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_2016-04-03-22-44-07.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Memis245,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds and latency,

I've just checked your connection and can see two issues. One is that there is a contention fault in the area under ticket F003898208. This will cause poor speeds and latency at peak times such as evenings and weekends and is due for review 27/04/16.

The other issue is that your downstream power levels are too high which will also cause unpredictable latency, drop outs and fluctuating speeds. We'll have to get a technician out to adjust the power levels and I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time for this.

To view your messages just click the envelope at the top of the page. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules