Menu
tsarbucks94
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Constant Lag Spikes

Unfortunately me and my flatmates are completely unable to play videogames, in particular Blizzard games such as Heroes of the Storm, with this broadband, every few moments we play online there is a crippling lag spike. It happens with Netflix and streaming too, where the internet will stutter and in general it's just quite slow. I have called Virgin and I have also messaged them. The time I called it was an automated message that asked me to restart my internet after ten minutes, while it ran a diagnosis. When that didn't work I used the on site messaging which didn't help, as the operator merely said he didn't see a problem, in spite of the fact I had to wait for ages for one to be available. I have called three times since then, and no operators have been available from 7-10pm, by which time the call-centre apparently closes. 

Thank you for reading and I'd appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
bambamboyo
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Lag Spikes

Which version of hub do you have? There is a known issue with the hub3
0 Kudos
tsarbucks94
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's the Hub 3, yeah.
0 Kudos
bambamboyo
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

For now you would be better seeing if you can swap to a super hub 2 until such time as virgin sort the issues with the hub3

0 Kudos
PhillipM
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the exact same issue with a Hub 3 too (and rebooting it puts it into a constant 'updating' loop until I disconnect the co-ax and reboot it then reconnect), I'm getting massive lag spikes every 5-6 seconds for the past few days, it's unusable:

virginLag.jpg

It also stops connecting to Ebay, Amazon, etc, after a while until I reboot the SH3 (then it gets stuck in the updating loop mentioned above)

0 Kudos
Rialou
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I feel your pain.
My partner and i are having that exact same problem with destiny on ps4pro mainly but now all games and even sky tv app. We tryed the port forward trick which would normally work as EVERYONE on a group chat said it worked for them and now i have jumps over 30mps (example connection test read uplaods as 70/30/40/12 then back to 60) if i get any help i will message you again
0 Kudos