Menu
Alucardd
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Constant Lag Spikes

For the past week or so, I've been dealing with increased ping every now and again which is annoying. It usually sits on a comfortable 40ms for most games with european servers, but lately it seems to occasionally spike up to 130ms, remain like it for half a minute, then slowly descend, then come back up. Sometimes i get stuck in the 150-200ms zone for extended periods of time. Any help would be welcome Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant Lag Spikes

Hello Alucardd

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry it can be most frustrating to suffer increased ping times gaming we will do our best to help.

Your hub and line are looking good, area traffic does build up a bit in the evening and it may impact a bit, do you find it is better outside of the evening? Please would you tell us some more about your setup, are you using wireless or wired connection for gaming please?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Alucardd
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well, the lag spikes kind of ceased recently and are pretty sporadic right now, but yes, they've been mostly occurring in the evening. My pc uses wired connection.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Alucardd

Thanks for getting back I will take another look. It may well be caused by area traffic peaks then. Overall it is quite low not near escalation level however between 7pm and 11pm there are a few spikes and if you hit one of them it will most likely cause your gaming packet to be delayed a bit, sorry about that we will continue to monitor.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos