Menu
facetheglue
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Constant High Ping When Netflix/Youtube in use

When Youtube or Netflix is being used on our iPad I get a constant ping of 400-1000ms.  Unacceptable for what's supposed to be 100mb broadband.  I have tried using Wifi, an Ethernet cable directly into the Superhub router and resorted to trying another more expensive 3rd Party Wireless Router none of which have made a difference.

Any solution VM?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant High Ping When Netflix/Youtube in use

Hi Facetheglue,

Sorry to hear you're getting high ping. Does this only happen when streaming from Netflix and Youtube or does it happen at any time? If this is happening with a 3rd party router then it won't be down to the hubs wireless. 

I've checked your connection and can see that your upstream power levels are too high and will need a technician to fix. I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time for this. 

Check the red envelope in the top left of the forum to view your messages. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
facetheglue
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I've had an engineer out and things we ok-ish for about a week but now back to where they were.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Facetheglue,

I've just rechecked your connection and everything looks perfectly fine. Could you try a connection directly to the hub so we can rule out the 3rd party router as a possible cause?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
facetheglue
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

This is what I have been using.  It seems to be getting worse over the past few days, games literally unplayable because of the constant ping spikes.

Thanks

0 Kudos
facetheglue
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Issue now happening all the time whether other devices are in use or not.

0 Kudos