Menu
tomaszkida
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Constant 120ms in a game.

So I've been playing Armored Warfare lately and have been suffering from constant 120ms, and sometimes even disconnects from the servers and things such as skype calls ending. I've also been experiencing high pings on other games as well. Any help would be appreciated, and just to clarify I'm running an ethernet connection 100mbs.

Going to include status, up and downstreams incase you need it.

And also speedtest

0 Kudos
tomaszkida
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant 120ms in a game.

Tried playing another game, nothing but rubberband and connectivity problems. Could really use some help.

0 Kudos
Sierra21
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You probably already have, but just incase you haven't; make sure you're not on a skype video call when playing games. It really increases your ping. If you want to be on video chat whilst playing, download oovoo, it's much better.
0 Kudos
tomaszkida
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I'm aware of that, and no I don't have skype video call open when playing games. Thanks for replying anyway.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello tomaszkida

Sorry you have been suffering some connectivity problems, we will do our best to help.

Thank you for posting the hub stats, they seem to look good and that is supported by the tests I have just completed on your connection.

The area historical data does show a few peaks of high traffic in the evening, not too much but if you hit one it may impact ping a bit. Difficult to say if that is all your problem, I wonder for diagnostic purposes if it is worth trying the hub in modem only mode to see if that improves things. Also maybe some traceroutes to the affected servers?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos