Menu
Awozniak
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Constant 120 ping and/or ping spikes up to 7000 or just disconnects for couple of seconds

Hello,

I experience a ping issues with my wireless connection. Whenever I play any game I have around 29-50 ping, but it jumps up to 100-7000... Well, that's pretty annoying but it also come up with couple of disconnects for a few seconds. For a few days I have 120 ping constantly, and I can't do nothing about it.. I spoke to one of my IT friends, and he said that replacing the router might solve the problem, but is it necsessary?

Please help... Alex

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant 120 ping and/or ping spikes up to 7000 or just disconnects for couple of seconds

Hi Alex

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

Are you able to post your ping results for us to check please?

Have you tried through a wired connection to see if there is an improvement?

Do you only notice the disconnects when playing online or can it happen when browsing also?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Awozniak
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Constant 120 ping and/or ping spikes up to 7000 or just disconnects for couple of seconds

Thanks for replay Smiley Happy

Well, for now ping spikes do not seem to come up for quite a while, but I still keep experiencing disconnects for a couple of seconds...

I'm not able to connect through wire, because I use my laptop in different room, I also made sure there is no obstacles to block connection...

I noticed it on all devices in my house, doesn't matter if playing game or just listening to online radio Smiley Sad 

So, in result ping is stable 29-50 for now 

Alex

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI Awozniak

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm glad the ping spikes have seemed to settle down which is much better Smiley Happy

With the disconnections, check to see if any of the lights change on the router the next time it happens if you can. If you are unable to check if it occurs on wired, for now you can try to change the wireless channel to see if that helps.

In the meantime you can post your router information for us to see if it is reporting these disconnections. To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have downstream, upstream and network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Awozniak
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

downstream.pngNetwork log.pngUpstream.png

These are informations you wanted. Basically I keep having ping spikes and still exprience disconnects.. I have about 30-40 ping now, raising to 160 for a while, going down to 30-40 ping again and then raising up again for no reason. No one is downloading anything, I think obstacles might be a reason. Router stands about 1.5 meters from TV and it is in living room which literually under my room... 

Alex

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the information you provided, I appreciate it.

The next time you notice the high ping spikes can you post the results please?

It may be worth setting up a Broadband Quality Monitor as this will check the performance/latency/packet loss of your broadband. If you do set up the BQM make sure that you go into your router settings > Advanced Settings > Ping > and tick Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP.

Are the disconnections only through online gaming or through general browsing also?

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos