Menu
yookoo5
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Consistent Higher Ping on LoL

Consistent higher ping on LoL since 02/03/2017 or 03/03/2017. Usually had around 30 ping for the past 4 years and now suddenly consistently getting just under 60 ping throughout the entire game. Feels horrible to play with the sudden increase and I've done all sorts of troubleshooting on my end to help fix this issue but nothing has worked. My friends with Virgin Media are also experiencing higher ping on LoL, meaning that it's most likely on Virgin Media's end. Hopefully they can fix this soon as possible as it is very annoying and playing is not very enjoyable Smiley Sad

shanematthews
Super solver
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Consistent Higher Ping on LoL

yookoo5 wrote:

Consistent higher ping on LoL since 02/03/2017 or 03/03/2017. Usually had around 30 ping for the past 4 years and now suddenly consistently getting just under 60 ping throughout the entire game. Feels horrible to play with the sudden increase and I've done all sorts of troubleshooting on my end to help fix this issue but nothing has worked. My friends with Virgin Media are also experiencing higher ping on LoL, meaning that it's most likely on Virgin Media's end. Hopefully they can fix this soon as possible as it is very annoying and playing is not very enjoyable Smiley Sad

Extremely unlikely to actually be an issue within the VM network, having spent years playing LoL and a good 18 months as a wrenchman on the LoL forums its generally safe to assume its a routing issue, over utilised routes that can't handle the amount of traffic that riot generates, it causes an increase in ping as more and more traffic piles up, different ISP's often use different routes which is why some people will be affected while others wont, not really anything that can be done from VM's end, that being said 60ms isn't too unacceptable, after a few matches you'll have adjusted, be happy you weren't playing in the days of the NA overflow servers which resulted in random games having ping of about 130 Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Antilogical
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm having an identical issue as of yesterday. Had a consistent 30 ping and it is now sitting at around 50-60.

0 Kudos
rodenm8
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same here normal 25-30 ping now constant 50 for the past 3 days.

0 Kudos
rcakez
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Having the exact same issue, 25 ms for 2 + years and now 50+ and packet loss

0 Kudos
Geohh
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

this has started happening to me, after checking everything on my end, Including 2 different pc's... checking my router settings, resetting, updating everything...

It still didnt fix.

I used CyberGhost 6 and connected to the Netherlands VPN for free and reduced my ping to 36... I use to get 30 ping now i get constant 55 without using the VPN... It's is obviously on virgin media's side of things, It has to be the route that it is taken to connect to league of legends server in Amsterdam... I shouldn't have to connect to vpn to reduce my ping that makes no sense at all.

0 Kudos
YorkieMccoy
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I spoke with Riot about this issue for a few days, eventually a guy called Chillsong suggested doing the following which fixed it:

Run CMD as administrator (which you can do just by typing cmd in your start menu, right clicking and selecting the run as admin box) and then type 

netsh interface teredo set state disabled

Wait for around 30s till it says 'Ok' then close it off and try going into a custom on league to check your ping. Hopefully this works for you guys like it did for me.  

If that doesn't work and you want to re-enable teredo just do the same but type:

netsh interface teredo set state type=default

0 Kudos