Menu
Thrombosis
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Connection to US Game Servers and using tools such as Battleping

Hi,

Am having a lot of trouble hold a stable conenction recently with disconnects as frequent as every 15 minutes on occasion. I've been through tech support extensively with Battleping providers and they have confirmed that everything on their end is fine - My USA based Fiance also uses BPing without issue.

Is there some kind of issue ongoing at the moment with using softweare such as Battleping or connection to off shore game servers?

It's royally doing my head in!

Thanks, Thrombosis

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection to US Game Servers and using tools such as Battleping

Hi Thrombosis,

I've had to look up what Battleping is. I found it but I don't quite understand how it actually reduces ping. As far as I can tell it just hosts servers nearby.

Have you tried gaming on non Battleping servers? Could you run some traceroutes to the server you play on and post it here for us to take a look?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Thrombosis,

I've had to look up what Battleping is. I found it but I don't quite understand how it actually reduces ping. As far as I can tell it just hosts servers nearby.

Have you tried gaming on non Battleping servers? Could you run some traceroutes to the server you play on and post it here for us to take a look?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thrombosis
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, thanks for your response.

I actually fixed the issue myself after reading on the forums here about switching the Superhub to Modem Only mode.

Although this isn't ideal for my phone usage (3gb a month contract) it will do until I read on a fix (will monitor the forums here).

Upon switching, I have no difficulty in keeping a sustained connection to the North American Aion(game) Servers, either directly or through BattlePing, which is what I was having trouble with originally.

WIll update you of any re-occurance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thrombosis,

Glad to hear that modem mode has offered a temporary solution.

Give us a shout if you need any further help with this.

Kev

0 Kudos