Menu
Monobody
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connection mini-snaps every 20-30 seconds

Hello,

After recent failure and switching to your newest hub I am constantly having very short and consistent connection loses. It happens every 30 seconds for 1-2 seconds and after that the connection resumes. This is very irritating in most online games where constant connection is a must. What can I or you do to fix it?

Thanks,

Mono

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection mini-snaps every 20-30 seconds

Hi Mono,

Sorry about your recent connection issues though I think I've located the cause. Fault ref: F005182638 has been raised due to issues with low SNR (signal to noise ratio) and FEC's (forward error corrections) on the network.

A network Technician has been assigned to investigate and I'll check back daily for updates for you. (If I forget feel free to post a prompt).

Once the fault is resolved your connection should stabilise. If it doesn't we'll look into this again for you, but we need to know the fault is resolved first.

Speak to you tomorrow Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mono,

Fault ref: F005182638 was closed as 'fixed' yesterday just a little after 6pm. Hopefully you'll have already noticed the improvement to your connection. 

If you do have any other issues or queries though please post back on here and we'll take another look for you.

Kind wishes,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Monobody
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Jen_A for that update.

I switched cables from cat5 to cat6a and noticed significant improvement in terms of ping when measured on http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

I also replaced the router back to the old HUB2.0 and that did the trick for gaming online, no more lags. Apparently, current Virgin HUB3.0 loses way more data packets than 2.0... Do you know when HUB3.0 issues are going to be resolved?

Best wishes,

Mono

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mono,

I'm glad the the other Hub model is working well for you.

I don't have any insight into pending f/w updates for Hub 3 sorry but if the Super Hub 2 is functioning nicely I'd advise that continue using it.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos