Menu
shicky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Connection issues in game on ps4

Hello all,

I've recently purchased a ps4 and have noticed really bad trouble in game with rocket league and uncharted 4.  With Rocket league I'm basically useless as every minute I get a red connection issue sign and I become a passenger as the game corrects my position over the next 5-10seconds.  In Uncharted I get similar effects but also get kicked out of games due to connectivity issues.

I'm based in holywood, Northern Ireland and have been a customer for over 10years.  Speedtest shows my download as 52MB and my upload as 3MB...clearly enough to handle both games.

Years ago I played online with xbox360 and on my pc without any issues whatsoever, therefore I'm not sure if this is a connection issue or there are issues with Virgin Media and PS4 or PS4s in general?  My friends in the UK with other providers do not seem to have the same difficulties.

Can you please offer some suggestions of things to try or things to look at to confirm and correct the root of the issue?

Regards,
Nick

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Connection issues in game on ps4

Morning Nick

Thanks for the update, glad it seems to be performing a bit better however  I have just checked again and the hub power levels are still outside specification.

Upstream too high
VM SUPER HUB    Upstream 0    53.2 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB    Upstream 1    54.1 dBmV

and downstream too low 
VM SUPER HUB    Downstream 3    -6.3 dBmV

suggesting too much line loss, would definitely recommend an engineer appointment please.

I have replied to your PM with some more details.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nick

Sorry you are having problems gaming we will do our best to help.

First thing really is are you using a wired or wireless connection as we would always recommend wired for a more stable game.

Area wise all looking good, low traffic and error free.

The hub upstream power levels are out of spec, the upstream too high

VM SUPER HUB    Upstream 0    52.4 dBmV
    VM SUPER HUB    Upstream 1    53.3 dBmV

I am unable to say for definite it will cause you a problem but best we let an engineer take a look. I will send you a forum private message to arrange an appointment should you wish.

Speak soon

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
shicky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

thank you for your assistance, I am using a wired connection.  Interesting observations on the power levels, I've responded to your private message regarding this.

As a separate note I must say my experience since coming home was a LOT better, though still with some minor issues.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Morning Nick

Thanks for the update, glad it seems to be performing a bit better however  I have just checked again and the hub power levels are still outside specification.

Upstream too high
VM SUPER HUB    Upstream 0    53.2 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB    Upstream 1    54.1 dBmV

and downstream too low 
VM SUPER HUB    Downstream 3    -6.3 dBmV

suggesting too much line loss, would definitely recommend an engineer appointment please.

I have replied to your PM with some more details.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
kirkleburger
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Rocket League's servers were shafted 2 weeks ago too for a few days
0 Kudos
shicky
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to provide an update on this, Nicola managed to organise an engineer to visit in less than a week to look into the power problem she picked up on.

I'll preface this by saying, this is one of the best consumer experiences I've had with any company in my entire life.  So anyway Davy the engineer came to visit who was a pretty sound guy and one that wasted no time finding problems, as well as solving them.  After a quick scan using his device and the general work area, he mentioned that an unused splitter device may be a problem.  He quickly replaced this and retested, an improvement but still signs of a problem.  Next, a very old AC adapter, replaced in minutes and retested.  Bingo!  We're looking good, all in the space of a few minutes.

I'll also add that during this, Davy had a look at the TV setup to check the power levels and also noticed a problem.  As a result of his test/retest method, two rather old Isolators were replaced over a period of a few minutes and the levels were as he expected.  As mentioned I was really pleased with the end result and have nothing but good things to say.

It's a bit early to tell if the problem is totally gone but I suspect it'll be much reduced and regardless I appreciate VM's quick efforts to try and remedy the situation.  Thank you to Nicola and Davy for their top level service as well as just caring enough to help me out.  

Thank you!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi shicky,

Thanks for getting back to us to let us know how things turned out. And thank you for your lovely feedback for Nicola and Davy. I'll make sure this is passed along to both of them (Nicola is off work this week).

I'm glad that you've found your Forum experience to be helpful and hope that you'll come back to us if you have any future issues, or if you are able to offer help to other Community visitors perhaps?

Best wishes Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos