Menu
ben1clark
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connection infrequently dropping for 5-10 seconds

Been happening past couple of months. Net will be stable for the most part but it has these hours where every 5 mins the connection will cut out and then be instantly available after 10 seconds. Then it'll continue to be fine until it happens again, no real pattern just seems to happen in bursts. 

Doesnt sound like a major issue but its long enough to boot me off whatever im playing and pretty much make games unplayable for the duration

0 Kudos
PeteSpriggs
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection infrequently dropping for 5-10 seconds

I'm getting exactly the same issue. I've changed all the network cables and even turned the superhub to modem only and got a new router... still getting these annoying disconnects that last 10 -30 seconds and then its fine again.... For gaming it is very infuriating...
0 Kudos
KiikaPaula
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet has always been perfect but the last 5 days I've been getting packet loss and just drop connection for 5-10 too. Got everything changed, modem cables.. I called them up and they will send another technician to my house. If there won't be a fix after this I'm changing providers, **bleep** this **bleep**

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ben1clark, 

Thanks for the post to let us know that your internet keeps dropping, this must be annoying I can appreciate so apologies for any troubles.

I have tested your connection from this end and I couldn't detect anything out of the ordinary, no errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are where they should be.

How are you connected, wired or wireless?

When the connection drops what do the lights on the Hub indicate?

Also, could you please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here, you can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar, before logging in it will say 'router Status' in the top right hand corner before you log in, click there and all the information needed is inside.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi KiikaPaula, 

Thanks for letting us know that your connection has also been dropping for around 5 days or so, this must be annoying so I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to run some diagnostics on your connection from here, however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account, in order to proceed with diagnostics I will require some information from you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with diagnostics, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos