Menu
rikkky
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Connection gradually declining

Hi, I've recently I have noticed my connection slowly getting worse each day not long after are area was supposed to have been sorted out.

We are supposed to be getting around 150mb speeds but when ever I download a game from the Xbox store via a wired connection, I can download at a max of 90mb/s and recently I am struggling to download the games at more than 8/9 mb/s

I also play siege with tells you your connection at the side of your name and I used to play regularly on around 59ping but recently it's always around 120 and jumps even higher through the games.

I'm slowly experiencing more burst of lag in games and even had a few disconnects in the last few weeks.

I'd appreciate some help and thanks for any help/replies in advance Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
rikkky
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection gradually declining

Bump
0 Kudos
rikkky
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Just done a test on Xbox wired connection

Download speed
8.96mbps

Upload speed
1.55mbps

Latency
348 ms (usually 180)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So we can help us to help you, can you

Go to your Superhub Log in screen

Do NOT log in.

Little button top right.....

Can you post Upstream, Downstream and Network logs.

Screen caps are nice, C&P will do- Don't stress about formatting if you C&P. Someone will get a look and see if there's anything obvious amiss.

It could well be your area is suffering from overutilisation and the "fix" was actually a review date, but if you want to post the levels we can see ahead of staff picking your thread up.

rikkky
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

IMG_0770.PNG

0 Kudos
emmaburns_08
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi rikkky

We are having the same issue I am wondering if it as Xbox issue as even though the Xbox says 8mb to 9mb if you go to speedof.me or speedtest.net it says that I have 50mb DL and 3mb UL so makes me wonder what's causing this issue if it's something to do with Xbox settings or if its something to do with VM it's happening to all my Xbox friends who are with VM.

A quick question are you in the Xbox preview programme? I am and also wondering if that's an issue?

My Broadband Speed Test
0 Kudos
rikkky
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

IMG_0769.PNG

0 Kudos
rikkky
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry if I posted the same image more than once bit tricky using my phone.

im am not using the Xbox preview program but it  reminds me of what was happening 6 months ago when their was an overload in the area which was under review then we got s message one day saying we had are discount on our bill removed because it had been fixed 

0 Kudos
emmaburns_08
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I mostly play CoD but lately it has been terrible lag is awful, reminds me of being on ADSL, making multiplayer unplayable Smiley Sad infact when I was on ADSL I could play in lobbies better than I can now with VM fiber-optic Smiley Sad. To top that offer signed a contract saying for first 9 months of our contract all we will pay is a certain amount a month then after the 9 months it will go up to full price, low and behold yesterday we get a cheeky letter from virgin saying our bill is going up by £3.59 a month even though we agreed on a set price for 9 months the letter was bragging about how good virgin media is yet we can't even enjoy gaming the whole reason for joining virgin in the first place.

My Broadband Speed Test
0 Kudos
rikkky
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ino what you mean haha the thing that annoys me is they always say an overload in your area and it being reviewed/upgraded or what ever. They shouldn't  be taking new customers if they can't handle, the upgrades should be don't before taking more rather than after

0 Kudos