Menu
tobyjames1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Connection Problems

I am experiencing connection problems quite a lot with virgin media. I am a gamer and i play games such as CS:GO(PC) and COD BO3 (Xbox 1) Throughout the day my connection seems to be fine with a ping of 20-35 with no problems but from after 5(roughly)and onward i seem to experience really bad connection. I've read through the forums and some people seem to have the similar issue is where i will get lag spikes and teleport when playing csgo and cod but my ping with stay around 30 ping but i still experience this lag spikes and makes it near to impossible to play. Other times it will go up to 100-500 every 1-5 minutes which is very infuriating as it effects the game play a lot. This lag never use to occur but over the past 2 months it is constant everyday issue. I am not sure why my connection seems to be fine through the day (well not any lag that i notice but don't usually play during day as i'm busy) and once it gets to around 5 i experience this. I've had quite a few problems with virgin and I've had a few engineers come to try and fix varies problems before.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Problems

Hi tobyjames1

Welcome to the forum. I'm very sorry to hear of the slow speeds and ping spikes that you have been noticing when playing online. When checking your connection I can see that there is currently a fault ticket raised for peak time contention (F003637931) with a review date estimated for 03/02/2016.

We are planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow speeds you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved. Please post back here any time for an update, we should have some more information a little closer to the review date.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tobyjames1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Okay thank you I've been experiencing really bad issues with a constant ping of 400 and 500. I need this fixed asap

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi tobyjames1

Yeah those ping times don't sound too good. If you are able to bump the thread a little closer to the review date we can certainly check on the progress of this fault ticket.

Many thanks for your patience and hope you have a good weekend .

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tobyjames1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

this is getting  ridiculous now i'm still lagging constantly and nothing being done to it at all, i'm paying for 120meg and only receiving around 30meg. Its worse as im lagging every day now and something needs to be done. Or i'll be switching internet providers as the server here is terrible.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos