Menu
FlipOsFTW
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Connection Drops

For the past 2 days it was impossible to play any games or even browse the internet normally. My internet connection drops every 10 seconds and I fail to connect to any servers. 

Ps4 always says that my nat type is failed since they can't connct in time, can't even connect to a psn party.

I never had this issue before any way to fix this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Drops

Are you using a wired Ethernet connection to the VM hub or a wireless connection? Wireless is easily disrupted by a number of external factors, so knowing if a wired device drops out helps to pinpoint if the issue is with the wireless or your line.

If wired connections are dropping then some hub stats might help diagnose the issue. Go to http://192.168.100.1/ to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screen shots if that is easier.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take a week or more) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
FlipOsFTW
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm using a wired connection and my VM box is in modem mode connecting to a tp-link router because wifi was not reaching all the rooms and this router is in a different place which does reach.

0 Kudos
Besty4290
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Getting the same as the original poster, internet has been fine for years but the past couple of days has been poor.

Keep getting disconnected from games on PS4 and receiving a few NAT errors. PS4 is hardwired.

nOp7NmG

9uZ1c6C

GYHA6whnUyzuY6

0 Kudos
FlipOsFTW
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A day later still the same issue.Even on PC loading pages often display 'failed to reach server' errors...

0 Kudos
mightystevo
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same Here every night on Xbox one. All is good.then no internet to entire household. Same set up for same reasons router converted to modem and using to link for wireless. But connected to Xbox by wire.
0 Kudos
FlipOsFTW
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is a joke now, I don't have Internet entirely. Tried calling the customer service 3 times now and waited over 10minutes each time the music finished they just hang up.
0 Kudos
FlipOsFTW
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After 5 days, internet seems to be fine now...

0 Kudos