Menu
EmporioArmani
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Connection Disruption/High Ping when gaming

Hi Virgin,

I was an happy customer up until this point. I used to receive 22ms when gaming with VM, now its at 300+ constant, I can't even play anything. I can't even watch any streams as it buffers every 10 second or less. I never had this issue before, I need to know whats causing it, send out an engineer or do something because I am questioning my switch to VM. I checked the service status and its showing theres a fault with the broadband with the Reference no: F003826151. Is the issue i am having related to this service issue? I am honestly not happy at all and I would like some answers.

Don't tell me to reset my router and do those things as I've done it 100 times so far with no help, don't tell me to change the channel etc as I've done that as well. I just want this fixed..

Kind Regards,

Armani

delphinas
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connection Disruption/High Ping when gaming

Same here! I have all these issues as well. My previous post was not even addressed....

Please FIX this.

0 Kudos
SinlessViper
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Got the same happening to me to. Lincolnshire area
0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep i'm on Xbox One and have been having trouble all damn week.

I get disconnected within 5-10 minutes of playing any online game. This has NEVER happened before. All correct ports opened. Static IP for the XB1. You name it i've done everything i can to get it working again.

Thing is this only happens at night. Is there a server overload? If so, why?

I get 160-170ms if that means anything. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Either way i'm getting SUPER annoyed at the fact this keeps happening.

0 Kudos
EmporioArmani
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Exactly, 160-200 ms. I joined VM in May and up until end of july it was fine @ 22ms which is perfect.. now 160-200+ ms cant even play any games or stream. I want this addressed asap, i don't even use the internet since last week because of this. I am very upset, its unbelievable, they are suppose to be a prestigious award winning company. When I watch someone stream, it buffers every 5 second, and can't load anything fast, games ping/dc. We are not living in stone age, I am a new customer and this doesn't look good. If there are thousands of people complaining every day it should be addressed with immidate effect, I am not breaching the contract so you shouldn't either.

I may come across evil, however when you're a new customer and this happens, who wouldn't. Sorry if i sound harsh but please fix this like fully..

0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well i just fixed my problem!! Try this out.

There's also a solution that a user here on the forums found, though it doesn't work for everybody. Here is how you do it: Go to your Superhub settings, click advanced settings, click wireless radio and change the 5ghz wireless to 54mbps. Then connect your Xbox One wirelessly to 5ghz.

I guess this will work for any other device connected via 5ghz.

0 Kudos
EmporioArmani
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks man but I tried that, doesn't work for me. Glad it worked for you, let me know how you get on.

I will wait for Virgin Media to reply and pin point the issue.
0 Kudos
mr_m_beasley
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was able to run a 1hr session. Normally get booted out 5 mins in. You've got opened ports?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi EmporioArmani

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing high ping times when gaming.

I can see from your other posts that you have managed to follow mr_m_beasley's advise and this helped with the issue. The fault reference number you supplied F003826151 is in regards to signing into My Virgin Media.

When I did a check on your connection there is a high peak time traffic issue that is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003543272 and with a review date of 14th October.

I understand how frustrating this can be considering the length of time. In the meantime you can contact our Customer Care department on either 150 or 0345 454 1111 in regards to a service credit.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos