Menu
jonny6296
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Complaint - Superhub Going Offline Frequently

Dear Virgin,

I have been a virgin customer for years and have previously had an excellent wired connection along with excellent service. I live based in Cardiff. I have been in this property 2 years and have had an excellent connection used for online gaming until now. I do not know what changes have happened lately but things are going downhill rapidly and I am now considering switching providers as soon as possible.

The last 2 weeks, the super hub has gone offline prompting a total of 4 phone calls in to Virgin Media and it takes on average 5-6 minutes just to get past the far too many options.

On each call, the colleague has been really helpful, have apologized and have then "changed settings" at Virgin's end and by magic the router works again. On every single call. On the second call, the lady I spoke with, again really helpful, did a few "tests" then "upgraded" me for free to the 70 MB broadband and everything was working fine. Two days later, i'm playing an online game and the ping suddenly increases from 13ms to 1600ms latency making the game unplayable and the internet unusable before going offline again permanently. I phoned in just now, the Virgin Media colleague changed some "settings" and it works again, although this time an engineer has been booked out.

I am not the only one this has happened to. What is going on? How do I pursue a Gesture of Goodwill payment as I am paying £28.50 per month and August so far has been a complete write off. 

Thanks for your support

Jon 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jonny6296
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaint - Superhub Going Offline Frequently

Date & Time of service interruption; Virgin Hub Disconnects

Thursday 11th aprox 7:00pm Latency 1600ms followed by a seemingly permanent disconnect prompting phone call in to Virgin Media. Engineer booked but never arrived, no text received

Saturday 13th approx 11:40am Internet back up but with high latency 1100ms prompting phone call to Virgin Media. "Settings adjusted" by colleague and Superhub "upgraded" for free to 70MB from 50MB

Wednesday 17th approx 7:30pm Latency 1500ms followed by a seemingly permanent disconnect prompting phone call to Viegin Media. "Settings adjusted" by colleague. Connection subsequently stable

Thusday 18th approx 12:00pm Latency 1200ms followed by a seemingly permanent disconnect prompting phone call to Virgin Media. "Settings adjusted" and engineer booked for Friday 19th August between 9-12pm

Thursday 18th approx 7:28pm Latency 1100ms followed by a 20 minute disconnect before coming back online. No phone call made, await engineer to investigate

0 Kudos
jonny6296
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Engineer came out this morning and changed the box.

Overall superb service from Virgin, phoned yesterday and engineer came out this morning. Diagnosed the root cause of the issue as being the box not responding well to recent upgrades in the area due to the number of errors shown on the diagnostics and provided a new Superhub 2.

0 Kudos

All Replies
jonny6296
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Date & Time of service interruption; Virgin Hub Disconnects

Thursday 11th aprox 7:00pm Latency 1600ms followed by a seemingly permanent disconnect prompting phone call in to Virgin Media. Engineer booked but never arrived, no text received

Saturday 13th approx 11:40am Internet back up but with high latency 1100ms prompting phone call to Virgin Media. "Settings adjusted" by colleague and Superhub "upgraded" for free to 70MB from 50MB

Wednesday 17th approx 7:30pm Latency 1500ms followed by a seemingly permanent disconnect prompting phone call to Viegin Media. "Settings adjusted" by colleague. Connection subsequently stable

Thusday 18th approx 12:00pm Latency 1200ms followed by a seemingly permanent disconnect prompting phone call to Virgin Media. "Settings adjusted" and engineer booked for Friday 19th August between 9-12pm

Thursday 18th approx 7:28pm Latency 1100ms followed by a 20 minute disconnect before coming back online. No phone call made, await engineer to investigate

0 Kudos
jonny6296
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Engineer came out this morning and changed the box.

Overall superb service from Virgin, phoned yesterday and engineer came out this morning. Diagnosed the root cause of the issue as being the box not responding well to recent upgrades in the area due to the number of errors shown on the diagnostics and provided a new Superhub 2.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there jonny6296,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I really appreciate you keeping your thread up to date, it's great to hear that our engineer has resolve this problem for you.

Thanks also for using the forum, I hope you'll stick around and get involved in some of our other conversations.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos