Menu
DABhand
Super solver
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Client Disconnects across the board...

So the full list of people being dc'd client side is as follows (taken from friends and forum)

Diablo 3

World of Warcraft

Elder Scrolls Online

EvE

Marvel Heroes 2015

Final Fantasy XIV

Path of Exile

EDIT:

Destiny

League of Legends

FIFA 15

Essentially all MMOs... so why every 30mins up to 1hr 30 mins, what would force the client to disconnect so quickly?

It has to be some sort of shaping on VMs end, it has to be taking our data packets to and from our location and somehow they got lost, forcing the client to think it's dc'd from a game, and the servers of the game is wondering where the hell you are.

With ESO because of the client type it continually tries to connect at that time, which makes everything in game unresponsive, when it cannot get data from the servers to do what you ask, like open something, or talk to someone etc.

So wonder what VM will do now.

Also if you have problems with an MMO and being dc'd after every so many minutes, feel free to add it to the thread.

Majide!
0 Kudos
wiggles
Dialled in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Client Disconnects across the board...

its the latest update to the superhubs as far as i can tell, i just got a new separate router and its been rock solid since then
0 Kudos
TorinNionel
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Which router did you go with to replace the Super Hub 2?
0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I see from an earlier post by Wiggles, that Blizzard are saying the Shub is thinking the MMOs are torrents and killing connections.

This will be an interesting discussion on the phone.

EDIT: Just got a small dc from Twitch also.

This is not funny anymore.

Majide!
0 Kudos
wiggles
Dialled in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Torin the one i got was this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OZG8ZDO good midrange router that has usb support and good 2.4g and 5g speeds. If i was that bothered i would have got a solid linksys and shoved DDWRT on it but this has most of things i want that the superhub did not have so its a bonus
0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

So gave a call, mentioned problems with online gaming, "yep!" then he hung up through whatever softphone system they use.

Calling again, lets see if they do the same.

Majide!
0 Kudos
wiggles
Dialled in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

One of the blizzard forum reps closed the "its the superhub that is the issue" thread on the forums ... im guessing its that. glad i got a new router and its been rock so far
0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thing is you shouldn't be paying out of your own pocket for hardware when it is clearly VM's fault.

Majide!
wiggles
Dialled in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

True, but if they had used the hardware properly i would not have to, I want external usb connections on my router so i can have a NAS on it without having to do extra stuff, also this new router has WAY better range than the hub and also it has AC which my hub did not have only 2.4g and 5g up to N+
0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Managed to speak to Ray on 2nd Line, he (basically doing it for the company) is passing the buck to the other peeps.

I said "So this week people have had 1hr disconnects from multiple games and you are saying it is because they are not extending their servers to accommodate more people?", he said "Yes".

He also thinks running a tracert or MTR will show the packet loss, I told him those aren't connecting by P2P protocols so it wouldn't show up after an hour.

He was also adamant there has been no Superhub update since 9 months ago...

He couldn't answer me about the fact people could use modem mode and their own router to play with no problems, or why the issue happens every 1hr, and he tried to say the same issue on twitch has been happening for 4 years.

I appreciate he has to see some sort of proof to do anything, but that in itself is an excuse maker as some things are extremely difficult to prove of this happening every 1hr on avg.

But they know, I have a feeling they do know, and are passing the buck so to speak to do a quiet fix.

I work for Sky Retentions started a little while ago, I can get services for free, if it means dropping down my downstream speeds to have a more stable connection with lower latency... you bet I will, so tomorrow I may just call up and cancel and then start the process at Sky.

So sad, poor little Alice the Indian girl was willing to wait 1hr to stay on the phone with me as I played a game lol She did really try hard with little amount of support on her end, and I did force her to get me to speak to the 2nd line guy.

Majide!
0 Kudos