Menu
andybeech
Joining in
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Cant stream more then 1.5mb at 540p to TWITCH

Hi,

So I got the gaming package 200mb download and 20mb upload no caps apparently, and well I still cant stream any higher then 1500 kbits at 540p, try to stream at 720p at 2k or even the same 1500 and its just lags or buffers. Using the london server on Twitch is there something that causing a problem for me to stream to Twitch. As when I got offered to upgrade due to having issues I thought it would solve the problem, as thats what I got told. Maybe theres something im missing, or is just not possible to stream through Virgin to Twitch. hmm...

Any ideas on how to stop lagging and buffering and stream at 720p thanks, using open broadcaster if thats any help. super hub 3 cat 6 ethernet cable.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant stream more then 1.5mb at 540p to TWITCH

What does a speed test say? 20MBps should be plenty for 720p (depending on bitrate obviously)

https://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/1262922-open-broadcaster-software

gives some good ball park figures for bitrate, resolution and FPS

0 Kudos
andybeech
Joining in
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for reply yea my speed test says 21mb upload on speedtest.net and thinkbroadband test, and yea thats what im confused about as tried there recommended speeds and settings but buffers like hell. Cause 1500 is actually less there the recommended which says 1800 - 2500, did do a test see what 2500 was like and was very buffery haha.

Any suggestions to what else could try thanks.

Edit: Tested Streaming at 720p 1800 bitrate buffers like mad, testing using another account on a different platform and mobile device (which is not connected to wifi to test it off my network)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Make sure you have FPS set as per the link.

Tried changing the server your uploading to?

Anything else on the network using upstream at the same time (P2P for example)?

0 Kudos
andybeech
Joining in
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Yea set to 30fps which is recommended and Using london server I could try the Paris server see if thats any better. 

Nah nothing else using the upstream at the same time I dont use any torrent sites or software and generally when streaming nothing else is on just PC or ps3 if streaming that.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
andybeech
Joining in
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

twitchtester1.PNG

Done a test did do this before is the RTT the higher the number the worse it is? and looking at it paris is actually not the best quality. Whats the best way to pick a server via the test, did a longer test this time instead of a 10 sec one too. thanks for help btw Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hmm yeah should be plenty of bandwidth available to London, according to that test.

Chuck up a BQM, lets see what that shows...

Set it up

HERE

Run it for say 24 hrs, and post the result.

Dont forget youll need to make sure your super hub is configured to reply to ICMP echo requests...

0 Kudos
andybeech
Joining in
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Ok will do cheers, ill run it as long as possibly as dont wanna leave pc on while at work tomorow.

Edit: hmm...i dont have that option in my super hub 3 to check?

0 Kudos
andybeech
Joining in
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Checked it this morning it's just red blocks, I haven't got the option to check on the super hub 3 any idea how to do it thanks.
0 Kudos