Menu
alepot
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cannot connect to Xbox Live

Several days ago, my friend found himself no longer able to connect to Xbox Live, although he could the day before; none of the settings of his superhub had been changed. He connects via Ethernet cable. All other internet services in the house work perfectly. The Error message was “Can’t get a Teredo IP address”. The advanced settings showed that NAT was behind a firewall or not connected. The original settings were all Superhub defaults. Since then, we have tried - in all possible viable combinations - enabling WAN pings, put his xbox into the DMZ, enabling/disabling UPnP, forwarding all ports as recommended at: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live Additionally, I put the Superhub into modem-mode and connected a router. Repeated all tests with identical results. I'm rather stumped here, so any further help or (constructive Smiley Happy ) suggestions would be welcome!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot connect to Xbox Live

Hi Alepot,

I remember Xbox live had some issues a few days ago but can't be sure if these are what's affecting you and your friend. As well as everything you've tried (good work by the way!) I'd suggest trying the xbox connected directly to the hub while in modem mode. This should eliminate any problems with NAT and we'll see what can be done from there. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Alepot,

I remember Xbox live had some issues a few days ago but can't be sure if these are what's affecting you and your friend. As well as everything you've tried (good work by the way!) I'd suggest trying the xbox connected directly to the hub while in modem mode. This should eliminate any problems with NAT and we'll see what can be done from there. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
alepot
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yes, that was going to be my next step, suggested by an acquaintance on a newsgroup. My friend's not at home today, so I've not yet been able to try that yet. I'll let you know how i get on.
0 Kudos
gameover
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, mine went down yesterday, ive done all the checks and changes suggested by xbox to no avail.

Deleted profile as someone said it could be corrupt now i cant download the profile due to no live connection.

Is this an xbox or a superhub update related issue ?

Steve

alepot wrote:
Several days ago, my friend found himself no longer able to connect to Xbox Live, although he could the day before; none of the settings of his superhub had been changed. He connects via Ethernet cable. All other internet services in the house work perfectly. The Error message was “Can’t get a Teredo IP address”. The advanced settings showed that NAT was behind a firewall or not connected. The original settings were all Superhub defaults. Since then, we have tried - in all possible viable combinations - enabling WAN pings, put his xbox into the DMZ, enabling/disabling UPnP, forwarding all ports as recommended at: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live Additionally, I put the Superhub into modem-mode and connected a router. Repeated all tests with identical results. I'm rather stumped here, so any further help or (constructive Smiley Happy ) suggestions would be welcome!

0 Kudos
llawnroc
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just to add another one to the pot. I've had the same issue for the last 2 days. I have, like Alepot,I have tried the same things and still no avail. I've also tried John_G's suggestion about using the Xbox direct to the hub in modem mode, which didn't help either.

Just for reference and maybe to further a solution, here is some extra information:

Super Hub Details:

Software Version   "V2.01.03"
Hardware Version   3.11
0 Kudos
gameover
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Xbox Live Core ServicesLimited

Affected platforms:Xbox 360
Affected services:
Signing into Xbox Live
18/08/2015 21:30:24 GMT:
We understand that some of you are experiencing issues connecting to Xbox Live and we want you to know we’re currently working with European ISPs to get things fixed as quickly as possible. Thanks for all your patience during this process! We’ll provide another update as soon as we have more information.
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status
llawnroc
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks gameover, have spent most of the evening trying different things out and gave up looking at the status page for live just before 9! :-)
0 Kudos
earlonics
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you know if this has been resolved yet? I'm having issues signing in

0 Kudos