Menu
grieving
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can't sign into Playstation Network

Just having issues signing into the PSN for the last two days, have tried forwarding ports, changing DNS, putting the PS4 into DMZ, resetting SuperHub settings but having no luck. It works fine when I tether it to my EE phone so I'm guessing there is an issue between Sony and Virgin Media at the moment?

Is anyone else having sign in issues that can assist?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't sign into Playstation Network

No problems with VM to Sony.

The problem is that a firmware update to the SH (when in router mode) last summer causes this.

I run my SH in Modem mode, and not had a single problem.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
grieving
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, any other way around these issues? I would prefer to have Wi-Fi around the house and still be able to sign in to PSN.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi grieving,

Thanks for getting in touch, though sorry to hear that your PSN sign in is giving problems, we had a few similar issues earlier in the year that appear to have been IP address related though not sure anything was proven either way.

Modem mode would be a good test, it may also be an idea to contact Sony to see if any kind of block has been applied to your current connection.

Kind Regards

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos