Menu
JonnyD290
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can't connect to the playstation network through wifi on all devices

For the last 3 days I have been unable to connect to the playstation network through my wifi on my ps4, on the web app on my iPhone or through the web browser on my laptop. It's something definetly to do with Virgin media as i can connect to the playstation network on my ps4, my laptop and the web app through a 3G hotspot on my phone but when I try connect to the playstation network through wifi it doesn't let me and says it can't connect to the playstation network in time!! This has been happening for the last few days and is really annoying me please can anyone help me??
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't connect to the playstation network through wifi on all devices

Hi JonnyD290,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you're unable to connect to PSN through your hub's wifi.  Out ot interest, are things any different with a wired connection?

If not, could you try the following please?

Let me know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
robbeer
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

been on phone couple hours now with both virgin and psn both blaming each other apparently virgin have change there service slightly in recent days which is causing virgin and sky customers problems in connecting to psn . they told me a couple days ago to forward ports they gave me i did this and came back on for couple of days until today (strangely felt really good playing fifa 15 :s ) however this only lasted until noon today now i have nowhere to go with this after psn finally admitted they cant do anything and have engineers trying to rectify. not happy household here (2 sons) no answers . im disappointed with both parties if this is the case as changes should be trialled before what i can only imagine is tens thousands of people cant connect. any help on this appreciated from anyone

0 Kudos
lynxafc
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat as you robbeer. Can't connect to psn for the last couple days. I phoned Sony and said ours engineers are looking into it but blame virgin media,  virgin don't seem to want to say another on the subject except "take it up with Sony,  your connect looks ok on our end" lol if the connection was good I wouldn't be having these problems like everyone else who cannot connect with psn. 

I tried modem mode and it worked for maybe 6 hours but even that now hangs and I get the same 'your connection timed out'

I'm out of ideas and seeing as I use my connection  for gaming mainly I may have to look at other ISP ' which I really don't want to do. 

If anyone wants to contact me from virgin media support or anyone that can help further please PM me. No one seemed to respond to my post.

Lynxafc

Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JonnyD290,

I'm really sorry for the ongoing issues you're experiencing with PSN.  I've posted some instructions into this thread, can you pop in there and post following those instructions please?  We'll get this investigate, but we need that info first.

Speak soon.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Bigtomo
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Right I'm also in the same boat..
I've tried wireless, wired and I've opened all ports like I've been advised and still no luck..

I took my playstation to a family members to try her Virgin broadband and still no luck..

I then took it to a friends who is with sky and hey presto I'm in so its narrowed it down to being something within virgin please sort this out its driving me insane!! 😁
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigtomo,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're also affected by this, could you pop into this thread and follow the instructions on post 14 please to allow us to look into the problem.

Kev

0 Kudos
Christhebest
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Am having the same problem I can get online but I get the couldn't connect to server It's so strange are you still. Ha wing this problem
0 Kudos