Menu
Smxsh
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can someone check my connection....

Getting lag on black ops 3 on xbox one but no other games. I have been told that it is a problem on virgin media's side, so can some one check my connection please and let me know if their is an increase in latency around 9-11pm weekdays/weekends.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can someone check my connection....

Hi Smxsh

I've tried to run a few checks on your connection but the hub is currently switched off. If you can leave it on for a few days and bump the thread we can certainly take another look. When checking your network segment everything looks ok. Peak time traffic climbs as you would expect but  looks healthy. If the issue was related to peak time contention it would affect other games too. Can you try putting the hub into modem mode to see if this makes a difference? 

Thanks,
Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Smxsh
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have put modem mode on and will leave it on overnight. I get a stable ping of 32 Ms and less on gears/ halo 5 but on black ops 3 50-400ms.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smxsh,

Thanks for the update, I've been checking your connection from here and on the whole it looks in good shape, the traffic on your cable does pick up a little peak times, though not excessively so. If it was a peak time traffic issue I'd expect all games/streaming to be affected.

Modem mode is a good call, and with Gears and Halo both not experiencing any problems it suggests that it's the Black Ops servers that maybe are the problem.

If you're able to post some trace route information to the Black OPS server you're gaming on it may help show us where the latency is occurring.

Speak soon.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos