Menu
Ahiggins93
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can i get Virgin to speed up my IP address changing

Basically for those of you who have ever gotten the WS-37... error code by PSN its where they have blocked an IP and unfortunately you've been unlucky to now own that address like i have is there a way i can change my WAN IP address or bypass this so i can get on my Playstation PSN are refusing to help and alls virgin have told me over the phone is i have to wait till the 22nd to get a new IP they wont speed it up for me, I havent been able to login to PSN now since Monday last, week kinda annoying that this has happened both from virgins refusal to give me a new IP and from PSN for not unblocking this one after numerous phone calls they just casually pass the blame to Virgin. Any help would be appreciated iv tried leaving my router off for a whole night it never worked just incase someone says try that. Thanks

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can i get Virgin to speed up my IP address changing

Use modem mode.

I'm guessing the reason for this is a routing issue to log in to PSN?

0 Kudos
Ahiggins93
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not sure of the exact issue but from doing alittle looking around its apparently there DDoS protection people that are blocking me from logging onto anything Sony under this IP as its been flagged before which is ridiculous as everyones IP change all the time iv told them to remove it and apparently they have but still no solution when iv never ever done anything to get banned, I cant use modem mode in the house because my brother use's the Wifi for his xbox so it wouldn't allow him to be able to play and i do not have a spare router around.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can get your own router.

0 Kudos
Ahiggins93
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah i know what im saying is at the moment i dont have a spare one about and dont really have the funds to be able to buy one that i want to use at the moment tbh, If i was going to purchase one id like a good one and im not willing to buy a £100 router just to fix this its a ridiculous issue that should not happen
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

where does the 22nd come from - i have not heard of dates given for changing the IP - VM's ip is not static but some have had the same ip for years - sounds like offshore making it up as they go on - its what you wanted to hear [sort of] so they got you off the phone

modem mode is your only viable solution - by all means wait for the 22nd and if it changes i am happy to be proved wrong

Tony
0 Kudos
Ahiggins93
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its the lease time iv worked it out, on the router on superhub 3 if you go to your info your address has a lease time so when it finishes that lease it will change or it could stay the same most times it changes as this is how iv ended up with a banned IP Sony just refuse to unban IP's i wish VM did static ones then i dont think id ever have an issue but they refuse to change IP's over the phone think its something to do with because im not a business
0 Kudos