Menu
maclarke
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Buffering, Insane Jumping During Gaming

Hello,

For maybe the 4th time this year I am having issues with my internet connection. It seems to be some sort of packet loss, im not sure. 

If i use apps on my phone they take forever to load, videos randomly buffer, i cant stream very well, strange for a 50mbps connection with maybe 2 devices connected. The other night my speed dropped to about 11mbps and i couldnt open webpages.

I game most nights and recently I will begin randomly jumping about during play (rubber banding), my ping is perfectly find, today i experienced this whilst having 20ms ping.... Any ideas?

msepthaelre
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering, Insane Jumping During Gaming

if you check other topics aswell mine, you will see others are experiencing same freaking issue...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering, Insane Jumping During Gaming

Hi Maclarke,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with gaming. I've just checked your connection and can see no issues. Your power levels, SNR and area contention are all healthy. 

How are you connected to the hub when you experience these issues? Wired or wireless? If wireless could you try a wired connection and let us know if this improves anything?

It's very odd that you got the rubber banding while your ping was a stable 20ms, it puts me in mind of graphic lag. Are you gaming on a PC or console? If PC, could you try turning all the graphic settings to minimal to see if this improves performance?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos