Menu
Bugele
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speeds dropping in area 31, run a test, told I haven't reset modem when I have repeatedly

My connection has repeatedly started to drop since an issue affecting RG location earlier in the week (area 31) Virgin status still says no issue when its barely functioning.

When I run a test Virgin website states my modem hasn't been reset for a while when its been frequently restarted this week. I follow the prompt to remotely reset and it still has the same issue.

I have time off booked in two weeks specifically for an online event so continued problems is going to stop me doing that.

Need help please Smiley Happy (currently at work)

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speeds dropping in area 31, run a test, told I haven't reset modem when I have repe...

Hi Bugele,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear your speeds have been dropping. I've checked your connection and can see that you're affected by contention fault F003518994 which is due for review 21/10/15. This will cause slow speeds in the evening and weekends at peak times. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Bugele
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speeds dropping in area 31, run a test, told I haven't reset modem when I have repe...

Hi my connection has now dropped to below 1mbps and this lasts into at least 01:00 (morning i can get acceptable speeds). Virgin have told me now the oroginal fix date they gave me is now not true and i will have to wait until January 13th so basically no internet until then. How can they do this? My main activiity online is gaming and streaming, i know cannot do either. Genuinely no idea what to do next. I've written a formal complaint, spent hours on the phone, downgraded back to 50mbps package but still no connection to even watch a youtube video. This is all down to Virgin over subscibing my area, they even admit it!
ingmars777
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speeds dropping in area 31, run a test, told I haven't reset modem when I have repeatedly

Mate can you tell from what city or town you are . just 2 days ago subscribed and having issues from 16.00 to 24.00 speeds drops from 54mbps to less then 1mbps . Thinking to cancel contract if it affects area 31 i'am from Kettering NN16. Its just pointless to have such a broadband when at that time i want to play too .

0 Kudos
Bugele
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband speeds dropping in area 31, run a test, told I haven't reset modem when I have repeatedly

Im in Reading, near Southcote. Its pretty depressing, I cannot now speak to the people in my raid group. Had to leave last night as my connection was affecting everyones game. I just cant believe it can drop this low and I can be told to wait another two months. They basically sold the internet i was paying for to more and more people until there isnt eneough for anyone. Less that 1mbps is literally useless. A big part of my week is getting on a few nights a week, catchign up with friends in the UK and abroad and all playing together. Pretty gutted thats been ruined and seemingly nothing is going otbe done about it until they install a new line. Then the cycle starts again, they will over subscribe until that line is full beyond capacity. Feeling massively let down and i have no other option in my area...
0 Kudos
ingmars777
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It looks like a lot of people are affected with low speed i need to check today how it will be for me , right now speed are great 54mbps . I need to wait a bit when kids will come back from school and then it will show me the great speed of fibre .
0 Kudos