Menu
rukii_j
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband really slow for gaming

My broadband is very slow for gaming when i run a test on the PS4 its always on KBS after 5pm

I have restarted and tried changing the channel but it is still the same, i have had this problem for over 5 months now.

I'm getting really frustrated now and will be looking to move if this does not get resolved

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband really slow for gaming

After 5pm speed drops would make me assume you're suffering from congestion on your line..

Your area may be oversold, causing everything to slow down during peak times..

Are your speeds fine before 5pm? What time do they return back to normal?

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
rukii_j
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well I don't finish work until after 5

When I get home around 6 it's terribly slow and doesn't sort it self out until after 10
0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah to me that sounds like the area is oversold.

Just to be sure though, hold tight here until a member of the forum team reply so they can run some tests for you.

It may take a couple days for them to respond, but it's far better than sitting on the phone to offshore Smiley Wink

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the forum.

It does sound like you are suffering from high utilisation in your area at peak times.  However, wireless is easily disrupted by a number of external factors, so a wired test is the only way to get a true picture of what speed your line is able to achieve.

Are you able to try through a wired connection with the Super Hub in modem mode to see if the speed differs? This helps rule out any interference from other devices and will likely be one of the things VM staff will suggest when they get to your post in a few days time.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong :-) If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
rukii_j
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah I've tried nearly everything and it's still not working, tried connecting and Ethernet cable to the ps4 and it still really slow and can't play anything
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi rukii_j

Welcome to the forum. I've had a check on your connection and I can see that there is a fault raised for peak time contention (F002657887). Apologies for any inconvenience this is causing you. If you are able to bump the thread a little nearer to the review date which is estimated for 18/05/2016 we can have a look for any updates on this fault ticket. For the best possible connection when playing online I would also recommend using wired rather than wireless.

Kind regards

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos