Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8 (110 Views)

Broadband Issues

Hi

So, I've been having a few issues with my Internet in the last couple of weeks (wifi constantly disconnecting for up 24 hours before it works again) but today is a new one for me, I've just tried to update my sims 4 game after buying a new expansion, everything was going well until boom, stops downloading the update at 57% I thought to myself must be the wifi, so, I cancelled out the update, checked my wifi (still connected and working half **bleep** as usual), I decided to restart the laptop and connect via ethernet, which I did, but again at 57% downloaded it stopped. I thought it was Origin having issues but after a quick chat and diagnostic there was nothing wrong on their end so I thought what if it's my laptop? So a quick (2 hours and 18 minutes to be exact) later after giving Microsoft remote access to my laptop they said there is nothing wrong with my laptop. They even tried to download a few things but again it would get so far and stop. Microsoft guy said to contact my isp as it was a isp settings problem, so I phoned virgin, they said they were aware of fault with Facebook,  I said lovely but I don't care about facebook unless I'm at work and explained repeatedly it wasn't a Facebook problem, afterr 45 minutes of my blood pressure rising the guy at virgin said there wasn't a fault. I'm banging my head against a wall right now, is there anything I can do to solve the settings problem so I can update my game before I drive to the nearest virgin call centre and make their ears bleed with my awful singing abilities. Please help!

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8 (100 Views)

Re: Broadband Issues

I got same expirience, but the real purpose of Virgin Support Teams, is to say "I'm sorry about your expirience, is there anything else I can do for you?"

Tuning in
Message 3 of 8 (97 Views)

Yeah I'm starting to notice that. They're currently using our phone calls as a game of tennis, passing us to gadget repair who pass us back....we've been passed backwards and forwards 8 times in the last 32 minutes. 😑🤐 

On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8 (91 Views)

on Thu I spent 5h on phone with Virgin Support Team, guess what did they say
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8 (50 Views)

Hi Bea84,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble updating Sims 4.

It's a bit of an unusual, I haven't heard of a connection issue stopping a download at exactly the same point every time you attempt to download. It sounds like an issue with the file you're downloading.

I'd like to run some diagnostics on the hub just to be sure but it's showing as 'offline' at the moment. Do you have the hub switched off?

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8 (47 Views)

According to the last person we spoke to on the phone (Friday I think) it's something to do with the current IP address being black listed? The hub is currently switched on, the wifi isn't working on any device except my hubby's phone (I'm using bt wifi fon because of this issue cause if I don't I wI'll lose business and the virgin bill won't be paid.) 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8 (28 Views)

Hi Bea84,

Thanks for getting back to us.

In regards to the wireless not working on some of your devices, do you get any error messages at all?

Do they allow you to connect to the network?

With the download of Sims 4, when you get chance can you try this again when the Hub is in modem mode please? 

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8 (24 Views)

No error messages when the if I goes off, we have to restart the modem 4 times before the wifi reconnects to all wireless devices, God help me if I turn my laptop off or go out with my phone because it won't reconnect. Ah modem mode, the thing that completely disables the wifi, I would try it but the page won't load, the guy who my partner is currently talking to on the phone has remote access of the pc and he's tried to go to the page 3 times himself. I'm beginning to think it's time we went to another company, I've lost 1 week of business because I work from home and can't even access my own website on the laptop (wireless) or pc (wired). 🙁
0 Kudos