Menu
Monsta_man19
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Black ops 3 ps4 ping jumping

Hi there im a hardcore gamer and like anyone else i want the best possible connection. My problem is when my ping inside black ops 3 rarely it goes down to 16-17ms which is great but most of the time its on 33-34ms and jumps up to like 80ms my wan IP never changes and im wired ive tried port forwarding static ip addresses for my console messing with my mtu i use cat 6 cable and im on the 150mbs bundle however when i do a speed test im getting 159mbs up and 12mbs down can please someone Help me!! 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Monsta_man19
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black ops 3 ps4 ping jumping

also i have superhub 2ac
0 Kudos
sinister0208
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I am a hardcore gamer too, the problem you are having is actually due to Treyarch and their servers. A lot of people have been complaining about the in game lag spikes, their recent patch 1.11 had fixes to their servers, which should have alleviated some of the problem. This game was smooth for the first 4 months, but due to the DLC and groups implementation all I get is horrendous lag, couple it with uber tryhards this game is now unplayable and frustrating. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I do not work for Virgin Media, I just want to share what I know to help others. Information I share may differ from VM advice.

Connection info:

Superhub 3

Download: 100 Mbps
Upload: 6 Mbps
Local cabinet: End of my drive (5 metres)
Local exchange: 400 metres from my house
Power levels (downstream): 3 to 4 dBmV (16 channels)
Power levels (upstream): 42 dBmV
0 Kudos
Monsta_man19
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for your contribution tomorrow I'm planning to buy a Asus rt-87u router hopefully this fixes some of my problem
0 Kudos