Menu
RedKev
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Black ops 3 problems

I have been and continue to have massive problems with black ops3 on ps3 online multiplayer

I have carried out all the recommendations from activision and their servers are all sorted now (allegedly) but I cannot play the game at times. I will log on and get bounced out of games no biggie BUT then the game will freeze at random points freezing the whole console

As I said I have been through all the channels with the game makers and followed all the advice but they have now advised me to get in touch with my ISP, I have super hub 2 and 200 meg Vivid connection so what is up? 

Help please!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Black ops 3 problems

Freezing your entire console, that doesn't really seem like it could be a network issue and if it is, Sony have done something really wrong in programming the console..

Have you run speed tests on your network?

Do you have high ping, slow speeds?

Maybe when you're being kicked out of games, it causes an exception to occur in the games' code, freezing the PS3 (Unlikely, and awful if true).

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
Superuser
Superuser
Message 11 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

RedKev wrote:

at PS3 I have only 21-24mb whether WiFi or wired ethernet 

The speed tests on PS3 & PS4 are notorious for not reflecting the true speed of your connection because they only use a single threaded download.  Have a look at these posts where myself and others have discussed it previously:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/PS4-Speed/m-p/3022336 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/PS4-Speeds/m-p/3028580

0 Kudos

All Replies
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Freezing your entire console, that doesn't really seem like it could be a network issue and if it is, Sony have done something really wrong in programming the console..

Have you run speed tests on your network?

Do you have high ping, slow speeds?

Maybe when you're being kicked out of games, it causes an exception to occur in the games' code, freezing the PS3 (Unlikely, and awful if true).

---------

I'll always try my best to help, although my advice may not always lead to a solution. Take it as you wish, I just like to help Smiley Happy
RedKev
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have 200mb high ping every time i've tested

at PS3 I have only 21-24mb whether WiFi or wired ethernet 

0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

And what about speed tests via PC on a wired connection? What speeds do you get through that?

High ping isn't good, that's the cause of being kicked (server timeout).

---------

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Black Ops 3 for both the PS3 and Xbox 360 are stripped down multi player only versions of the game that was Rushed Out. I have the xbox 360 version and wish i had waited till i got either an Xbox One or PS4. It should never have been released for last gen consoles. The game is full of bugs that cause it to disconnect and freeze your console. 2 updates so far for the game and the bugs that cause this are still there.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Holy crap they actually released it like that??

That is awful...

---------

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yes and I sadly went out and brought it and still to this day have yet to compleat a match on it. The issue is the game as all others BO1 and BO2, AW and ghosts all work fine on same console. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
JakePasquill
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, that's an awful design flaw and a terrible money grabbing scheme..

You may still have speed issues though OP, so I would suggest you do some tests just to be sure.

---------

0 Kudos
RedKev
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have every earlier version and they still play fine, Should have learned after buying the digital version first! that was terrible for the server time out/ freezing console, thought it was me or something I had done so went and bought a disc copy deleted all old data as advised ....................................................... EXACTLY the same!!!!!! got 15 open cases with activision gone through all their 'help' advice and spoken to advisors then told Saturday to speak to my ISP. Why I don't know but here I am!

0 Kudos
RedKev
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Drives me mad as I cn play 5 or 6 games one time then it will freeze in lobby or I have even had it freeze on the intro screen!

Never had anything like it before, I have come so close to kicking my tv screen

0 Kudos