Menu
Babam1972
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Black ops 3 disconnection

Anyone still having problems disconnecting after 5-10 mins on black ops 3? It's intermittent, sometimes it's fine all day and then can't play it at all.

Helpful Answers
Babam1972
Tuning in
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Black ops 3 disconnection

Well wel ive done as you said and this so far so good has worked. Fingers
crossed.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Babam1972,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering disconnections when playing Black Ops 3, I'd like to find out what's causing this and see if we can help sort it out for you.

As a precaution, I've tested your hub, the stats all look good.  The local network segment is also looking really healthy at the moment.  What platform are you playing Black Ops 3 on?  Are any other games affected by dropouts?  Do you use a wired or wireless connection?  

If you could let me know a bit more info I'll do what I can to help get this sorted for you.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Babam1972
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi kev
Its on xbox one we're having the issue, i know there are a lot of issues with activisions servers at the moment, but it happens when there servers are fine. Its intermittent and some times doesn't happen for days, but then happens and keeps happening for a length of time. Its after about 5-10 mins of gameplay. Ive tried all the usual hub restarts etc but that doesnt seem to do anything when the prob occurs.its only on black ops 3 this happens.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Babam1972

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry again for the continued issues. 

Are you noticing a pattern to this at all? Like the time of day it happens? Is you Xbox connected with an ethernet cable or wirelessly? 

When it starts to happen, I'd recommend testing your general internet so we can see if this is an issue with the game servers or your individual connection, although we're not seeing any issues with the latter from our end at the moment.

Look forward to hearing from you

craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
pesty95
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

We are having the same issue too, only seems to happen with black ops 3 and nothing else same symptoms, tried everything, different dns, static ip and port forwarding to no avail, I can't even get through 1 online game without it happening.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have the xbox 360 version and have yet to complete a match without being disconnected.
Blak ops 2 and 1, AW all play fine.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
pesty95
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

People who are having an issue which super hub are you using, due to I have the super hub 1 and I'm perfectly fine, my friend next door has super hub 2 and he disconnects, could it be a super hub issue?
0 Kudos
Babam1972
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi sorry graig taking so long to get back to you. Theres no real pattern to it, its actually got worse the last week, now getting disconnected from most games online. Gta v being the main one. Checked with microsoft and theyve said they did have problems with xbox live but its fine now. Tried all the usual restarts etc but it still does it. By the way its wireless we play on. We even moved the console next to the router for a better signal but still the same. Im going to try an ethernet connection tomorrow and see how that goes.
0 Kudos
belowxindigo
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The same thing is happening to me right now too on black ops 3, it happens on ghosts and the elder scrolls online! However, battlefield works perfectly. I know its my internet because i've had this problem from the beginning! Black ops 3 is virtually un-playable half the time, I changed my ports and that worked for a few days but now back to square one again, not being able to play. Im on the super hub 2 and its always been terrible and there is so many complaints about it online especially when it comes to xbox 360 & one. They need to sort something out, asap. 

0 Kudos
belowxindigo
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've just found something that might help you out with this problem;

Log into your virgin media account online, this information can be found on the bottom of your router.

Once you've signed in click on advanced settings then click on wireless radio, it's at the very top.

Once you're on this make sure the wireless radio is enabled and change it from 300mbps to 54mbps.

Hopefully this will work for you! 

0 Kudos