Menu
Hodgee
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Battlefield One intermittent Lag

Hi,

I have recently started playing Battlefield One on my PS4, and around the same time each night, from roughly 20:00 - at least 23:00 I experience really bad lag, making it unplayable and I can't even speak in a party.

I would try a wired connection but I don't have the capacity to, as my room is in the loft with my electronics and the super hub is on the ground floor, any suggestions on why I'm lagging so much?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Battlefield One intermittent Lag

How is your download speed at these times?

Slow speeds only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends) is normally a symptom of high utilisation/contention in your area.  It can also result in increased lag at peak times.

Somebody from the VM forum team should be along in a few days (up to a week) to check your connection and can confirm if there is a known issue with your segment of the network. If that is the case they should provide a fault reference and inform you about your credit options for the lack of service via a PM. They should also be able to provide a review date for the fault. Note that it is a review date not an expected fix date and some customers affected by this kind of issue have been waiting years for a fix.

I would suggest moving the PS4 downstairs for a quick wired test to rule out the wireless as the cause, but if it does improve things then powerline adapters might be a solution for getting a wired connection to the loft. 

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
Hodgee
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Battlefield One intermittent Lag

Hi Scott,

I resulted to moving the PlayStation downstairs and the wired connection has improved it tenfold.

It must be a wireless issue then.

Thanks