Menu
Lennoxcarr1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bad lag and high ping superhub 3

Hi I have recently got the super hub 3 and I am suffering from high pings in games and serious lag. It's wired which is the unusual thing. I'm not great with tech but can someone tell me what this could be? Is there a way to make my console separate from
Things such as phones etc on this hub?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad lag and high ping superhub 3

Hello Lennoxcarr1

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you having some problems with lag. The area performance is quite good and your line and hub stats are nicely in spec. Do you find it happens only when other devices are using up bandwidth as perhaps your gamer packets are queuing, I am afraid it is not possible to prioritise a console QOS on the hub. 

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
AndyN131
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What Nicola isn't telling you, and should be is that the SH3 has serious software faults, due to the intel puma 6 chipset it uses. This causes horrific jitter.

Search the forum for superhub 3 and you'll find plenty of complaints about it. Allegedly there is a fix in the works from intel, but it won't be about for months.
0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lennox,

the post referred to is here.

It's not isolated to just SuperHub 3's, it is any device using the chipset as described in the post.

0 Kudos