Menu
Liam_Brough
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bad connection to my PS4

Okay, so I seem to be having a problem connecting to the internet on my PS4. Now on the PS4 you can test the internet connection, which I seem to find myself doing multiple times a day, and it keeps telling me that it can obtain my IP address and it can connect to the internet; but it doesn't and I can't do anything. I've tried restarting the router numerous times but the outcome is the same. Also when testing the connection yesterday it said that the connection speed (download) is 1.6kbps, now I'm no tech genius but that is horrendously slow. The thing is though is I'm able to use the internet ion my Amazon Kindle. If I'm honest, at this point I really need to talk to someone who knows about this stuff and I can't get through on the phone for some reason, so here I am. If someone can help me then that would be fantastic. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bad connection to my PS4

Hi Liam_Brough,

Thanks for getting in touch and welocme to the community, disappointing to hear that the connection to the PS4 is poorSmiley Sad

I've run a few checks on your service from this end and can see that you're still using one of our old legacy modems and that the downstream power levels to this are also not great.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer visit to upgrade your modem and correct the power levels, which should improve your connection immeasurably.

I'll drop you a Private Message (purple envelope upper right of the page) so we can ths booked inSmiley Happy

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Liam_Brough,

Thanks for getting in touch and welocme to the community, disappointing to hear that the connection to the PS4 is poorSmiley Sad

I've run a few checks on your service from this end and can see that you're still using one of our old legacy modems and that the downstream power levels to this are also not great.

I'd like to arrange for an engineer visit to upgrade your modem and correct the power levels, which should improve your connection immeasurably.

I'll drop you a Private Message (purple envelope upper right of the page) so we can ths booked inSmiley Happy

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Xopher
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm having hopredous issues with lag when playing on my PS4 - I have a Super Hub. This seems to be to do with the internet connection speed to my PS4. I also have an Xbox One and no issues at all. I have tried everything and my download speed to PS4 is always less than 1 Mbps. Yet when I do a speed test - it's nearer 70mbps.

Do my DNS or MTU settings need changing? Or do I need to get my NAT to open, currently it's Type 2.  Any advice?

Thanks,

Chris

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
ajgarcia
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi. im having exactly the same issue. download speed showing as 14kbps and upload failing. can you please check my settings/router and/or provide advice? thankx.

0 Kudos
Dosedmonkey
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Make a new thread for each household problem guys. Otherwise they'll be buried under this guys solution.