Menu
Joining in
Message 21 of 33 (357 Views)

Re: Bad Ping/Latency and Virgin Support unhelpful thus far.

I have the same problem. I recently had a tech round and upgraded to 100mb (virgin never automatically upgraded our 50 to 70 despite saying on the website). Ping jumps constantly from 30-200, also occasionally drops out completely for a bit. It's terrible, I'd happily take 20mb connection if it was constant!

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 22 of 33 (390 Views)

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this has nothing to do with devices in use at my house.. I have experienced these problems with 5 people in the house and with just myself in the house, I had removed all connected devices before and the problem still persists. I think the ping spikes at 2-6am in the morning suggest this isn't a problem with my connected devices wouldn't you say?

As for a flooding attack, i somehow doubt someone has been DDoss'ed for 5 months straight. This is a problem on Virgin Media's side..
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 23 of 33 (379 Views)

Virgin Media is throttling everyone's internet speed, at nights i cant play any games that are multiplayer, it lags the hell out, the ping goes to 9k and its not just one game its virtually every multiplayer games, Virgin Media has hate towards gaming community Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 24 of 33 (351 Views)

Hello WHumbers

I am sorry that you are suffering bad ping and latency at times but we have already acknowledged that this looks to be down to high area upstream traffic in message 14 of this thread. The reference is F005035547 and we would like to carry out some area work to remedy it, the review date is currently showing 06 SEP 2017. Please accept our apologies.

To VM staff: Please don't respond to this asking me to private message you about the problem, I've done this a hundred times already and in the nicest way possible, I'd rather bang my head against a wall than waste more time answering the same questions that ultimately resolve **** all.

We PM'd you as there is only so much we are allowed to discuss without passing Data Protection checks and this must obviously be done via private message, no other reason than that.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 25 of 33 (328 Views)

Are you people having a laugh? September is this a joke? It was meant to be January, then March.... then September?!?!

How about you actually FIX the damn problem instead of reviewing it? My contract is ending around September therefore i really couldn't give a damn if that's when the review date is..

Are you seriously trying to tell me, that you think its reasonable that this problem is going to take an ENTIRE YEAR just to review it? Because if you think that is anywhere near acceptable, then this company is completely deluded, incompetent and down right dishonest.

And let me guess when September finally rolls around, you'll push it back to January 2034 instead of actually fixing it hmm?

The service this company provides is sickening, so no i don't accept or care about these apologies. I don't pay this scam of a company so they can apologies to me.. So how about you actually fix it instead OK? 

On our wavelength
Message 26 of 33 (278 Views)

I have had really bad latency and pings for 1-2 months now.

Came here to see if any update and get a general idea of VM and find this guy has problems going back to October 2016 - I feel for you, I really do this is beyond a joke.

My contract is up, I'm phoning Sky in the morning. Yes they can only guarantee 35MB and up to 76MB but at least it will be stable.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 27 of 33 (221 Views)

7 months now

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) PREMIUM SERVICE ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 28 of 33 (186 Views)

lul.jpg

Business as usual, VM just lie about trying to fix things for months on end while they pocket your cash like thieves.......

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 29 of 33 (154 Views)

Have you put a complaint in with Ofcom yet? You should also be able to leave penalty free before contract end because you're getting such a degraded service.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 30 of 33 (136 Views)

Got the same exact problem. I asked if they've actually done anything (date pushed back from Jan 2017 > Mar 2017 > May 2017 > Jan 2018 Smiley Wink ) and they havent. Best thing to do is to just move ISP since its ridiculous how bad they are, and when you complain they say they can't do anything and just tell you to wait, and give compensation :v 

0 Kudos