Menu
technoflare
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BT infinity 1 vs VIVID200 Gamer

I was about to switch to BT infinity with phone for £18 per month after tcb and gift card as the poor Wi-Fi and gaming latency with Virgin was frustrating and cost was £30. Got a call offering me 200 Gamer and some Wi-Fi extenders at new price of £26 per month. Not sure if I should stay now. I understand the latency is partly down to the SH3 as well as the traffic management so it wouldn't solve everything to be on 200 Gamer but it is a tempting offer....
0 Kudos
chriswheeler
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT infinity 1 vs VIVID200 Gamer

If I had the chance to leave I would, it's not going to get any better staying with Virgin they don't care that you can barely use what they have provided.

JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Leave.....

If gaming is what you do then leave for pings sake...

Virgin's gaming service improves nothing gaming wise just helps out those who record and upload during play.

DSL (BT) much better for gaming... my 1.9mb ADSL line was way superior for gaming online compared to using Virgin 200 Gamer and that was using Super Hub 2, tried Hub 3 for a bit but found that even worse.

However whilst BT will be better for gaming, I do suggest trying not to game over WiFi as regardless your wireless router it will have an impact.

technoflare
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. I game over wired connection to my ps4, but use Wi-Fi for general laptop and phone browsing which is patchy in the kitchen. From what I have read the SH3 has serious issues with latency that is still to be sorted with firmware in the US let alone with the virgin badged version, as you have experienced. The headline speed was tempting with Virgin, I stream in up to 4k and do download a fair bit but am rairly in such a hurry that I can't wait a while for the big stuff so not sure how often I would gain from 200meg rather than 52 whereas my daughter is always shouting about the lag! She's the main gamer in the house.

Cheers.
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad I could of helped.

0 Kudos